Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Bugcase 652227] Fatal Error! CheckDisalowAllocation. Networking + new UI

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by chusmaverde, Dec 7, 2014.

1. chusmaverde

chusmaverde

Hello everybody,

I have experienced a system crash while implementing my networking with the new UI (Maybe this post should be in Multiplayer Networking... sorry if it is the case).

I have a complex set of UI windows for networking:
    - Server search window: Direct IP : Port connection, filtering, display of servers from MasterServer, refresh servers buttom and create server buttom.
    - Lobby: After you click the create server buttom (or join the server from direct connection/server list) there is another window where you set up the basic config (server name, number players, password) and advanced configuration (advanced game options and maps to load).

I used to have most of this in the legacy Networking and it worked pretty much fine. When I updated to the new UI system is when I have started to get errors.

How I get the error is after I launch a server and a client joins (both are in the lobby and waiting to load the next scene/map). When I click the buttom to load a new scene I get:

"Fatal Error! CheckDisalowAllocation. Allocating memory when it is not allowed to allocate memory"

in the editor (which is the client and build is the server) and the build launches perfectly to my new scenario with both players and I can move and play. The problem is the editor shows the error and freezes to death or shuts down.

I run step by step the code and the crash happens just after "Application.LoadLevel(map);" in the client.

I have filed a bug report but (30th November 2014) but still no answer from unity team. Would anyone know what might be happening?

I first thought it must have to be a problem with memory, but I have a RAM 8 Gb installed. Maybe unity's architecture (32 bits) is not good enough... but I do not have that many objects in the scene. The loaded scene just contains a plane, a camera, a light and an empty GameObject with scripts (for spawing the players). And the previous scene is equally empty.

Any ideas would be appreciated! thanks

error.jpg

2. chusmaverde

chusmaverde

Hello everybody once again, has anyone encountered a similar error or know what is going on? Unity staff has not replied since I opened the case back in November 2014.

3. fuy

fuy

me too! i have not got it before we are trying to switch to the new UI, anybody know why?

4. chusmaverde

chusmaverde

Hi,

I still have not been able to solve it, and Unity Technologies keeps the bug open. I do not really know why this is happening but I did test it in a Unity 5 beta and the error was gone (which makes sense, as it is a 64 bit build). So either we wait for an alternative solution or wait until Unity 5 is released. :(

5. see

see

I encountered this error, when a TcpClient connect error and no call the Close function, after that stop play editor while raise this error.