Search Unity

Bug with Unity 5.4 and navmesh agent for destination outside of navmesh?

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by Nicolas-Liatti, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Nicolas-Liatti

Nicolas-Liatti

Hi,

I was under the impression that, in the previous versions of Unity, even if the destination was outside of a navmesh then the agent would go as close as possible.

However with Unity 5.4.1, if I set a destination which is not reachable, the agent won't even move.

Is this intended? Or is a bug?

Cheers,

2. Jakob_Unity

Jakob_Unity

Could you specify "not reachable" ?
    is it a point on a navmesh but disconnected - or just somewhere far from any navmesh

3. Nicolas-Liatti

Nicolas-Liatti

Actually I found the problem: on big maps, when I set "Set Destination" to 2 navMesh Agent, the agents don't move if the navmesh iteration is set to 500.
    I had to set it to 1000 or more and it solves the problem.

Maybe you should put something in a console to tell that the path cannot be computed if the iteration is too small?

4. Jakob_Unity

Jakob_Unity

hmm - that's strange. Setting the https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/NavMesh-pathfindingIterationsPerFrame.html to higher or lower number should not affect behaviour - only the number of frames it takes to find a path there - any chance you have a (preferably small) repro. case you could submit as a bug. Then link to it from here - or PM. ?

5. The-Sam

The-Sam

Where do you find that setting? I can't find it anywhere and nothing on the internet is helping me make this NavMeshAgent move.