Search Unity

Bug Bug with Password ContentType and iOS

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by AlexNanomonx, Nov 18, 2021.

1. AlexNanomonx

AlexNanomonx

I'm trying to define what actually caused this bug (iOS vs Unity vs TextMeshPro), but I've notice that since updating to iPadOS 15/Unity 2020.3/TextMeshPro 3.0 I'm encountering a bug with Password ContentType on iOS.

Basically, if you launch a scene with the a username (ContentType.Standard) and password (ContentType.Password), if you select the password field first the shift key on the iOS onscreen keyboard is depressed. This is the expected behaviour. But if you select the username field first, the shift key is pressed (again default behaviour), but when you shift to the Password field, the shift key is pressed there too (a bug).

This is a minor bug, but is actually quite annoying for users, as passwords should be case sensitive and when the password is hidden behind *****s it's difficult to detect what you're entering incorrectly. I know this wasn't the case when we launched the last version of our app, but we've had to update a lot of stuff since then so I'm not sure where it broke.

Does anyone have a way of programmatically overriding the shift key status on the iOS onscreen keyboard?

2. AlexNanomonx

AlexNanomonx

Found the root cause of the bug. I reported it to unity, but given that I'm not sure about the line of demarcation between TextMeshPro and Unity, I'm going to leave my bug report here too. It's basically behaviour breaks on iOS when ContentType == Password and hideMobileInput == true. https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?1382307_622174bbcocfu88i