Search Unity

Bug with Environment.SpecialFolder.MyDocuments??

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by RandomCharacters, Mar 23, 2020.

1. RandomCharacters

RandomCharacters

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  2. lordofduct

lordofduct

Wellll, it's not Unity's first bug. There have been many.

A second, that's actually part of the .Net library and isn't necessarily Unity specific. I'm not sure exactly which exactly version of .net/mono they're using and I know over the years they have tweaked the version of the runtime they use. But I doubt they screw around with this class here specifically.

You could file a bug through the unity bug report system, instructions found here:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

3. lordofduct

lordofduct

So you want me/someone else to take your code, build it for linux and UWP, boot up a vm of linux, run these, and report back my findings?

Why not just click the bug report thing, upload it, and... have the professionals who are paid to test these things test it? It's effectively the same thing.

Especially since, as I was pointing out in my previous post, the underyling specific version of mono/.net that they use isn't something I, or most people, are privy too. At best we know a version number (which can change, and has over the decade plus of unity's existence), but we don't know what they've done under the hood of it.