Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug when using Receive Global Illumination = Light Probes

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by Dark-Table, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Dark-Table

Dark-Table

I'm not sure this bug is exclusive to LWRP, but it's what I'm currently using. Unity 2019.2.6f1, LWRP 6.9.1.

Step:
    1. Set an object to Contribute Global Illumination and to Receive Global Illumination from Light Probes.
    2. Bake the lighting.
    3. If you attempt to move that object you'll see it isn't casting a dynamic shadow anymore and it's baked shadow remains in place. (correct behavior)
    4. Save the scene.
    5. Open a new scene.
    6. Return to the original scene.
    7. You'll see the object have a dynamic realtime shadow as well as the baked shadow.
    This is true of all objects set to Contribute Global Illumination and to Receive Global Illumination from Light Probes whether you've moved them or not.

Expected: If an object is set to contribute GI and the light maps have been baked those are the only shadows the object casts.

Attached Files:

2. castor76

castor76

What happens if you turn off the receive gi from light probe? Technically they should not be used for one another..they are conflicting settings right? If it works with probe setting off, then bug maybe with settings are not automatically toggled off..

3. Dark-Table

Dark-Table

No, I believe they're supposed to work together. This is a recent feature. The idea is you can have a static object that contributes to GI, but doesn't consume space in the light map. So it's part of the static light bake, but at run time it is lit by probes. It's useful for objects like flag poles that you want to cast a static shadow in the light map, but aren't going to be receiving detailed shadows from other objects.

4. castor76

castor76

I see. So it is lwrp feature. Then it sounds like a bug!