Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Bug] VRSettings.showDeviceView on iOS (Cannot report)

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by mobiusmedia, Sep 15, 2017.

1. mobiusmedia

mobiusmedia

Hi,

I have a repro project which I could not upload as the Unity bug reporting just hangs on the "Uploading" section.

If you build for iOS using the GVR SDK and in some function set VRSettings.showDeviceView to false you will see that the screen no longer renders. This differs from behaviour on Android with both the GVR SDK and Oculus SDK.

2. mobiusmedia

mobiusmedia

It turns out that I had the build folder under the project (but outside of assets) and it was attempting to be included in the bug report upload.

I have now reported this bug.

Edit: This is case 951170 if anybody is interested.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  3. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

Thanks you for reporting.

4. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

According to the docs here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/VRDevices-GoogleVR.html

API support
    The following APIs are not supported by Daydream for Unity:

• VRSettings.showDeviceView
    • VRDevice.isPresent
    • VRDevice.refreshRate
    • VRStats.gpuTimeLastFrame

That should be clarified to state Google VR and not just Daydream but that feature is unsupported and you should not be using it. That being said, it shouldn't black the screen either. I'll add more information to the bug report.

5. mobiusmedia

mobiusmedia

@joejo

Yes, to clarify my project is x-platform and the code was a leftover from the Windows version that was not wrapped in a preprocessor control flow statement.

I was not using the property to achieve anything within the context of the application on mobile in general (as it makes no sense anyway, since there is only one device view on mobiles).

My call to VRSettings.showDeviceView was simply wrapped up in my own EnableVR and DisableVR functions.

Hope that clarifies how I happened across this issue.