Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug BUG Verification falied

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by KumarTony, Sep 3, 2023.

?

Do you have same problem

1. dislike unity

16 vote(s)
    84.2%
  2. no

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. solved

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. KumarTony

KumarTony

OMG i cannot getting out of this S*** bug from unityHub
    it says
    'user did not agree to the UAC prompt and the process was not started'
    'The Hub does not have proper permissions to install Unity.' }, undefined ]"}

BUT BUT i tried all things
    1. sets uac to never ask " i verifed by opening cmdpromt as admin and it justs opens without any asking"
    2. run as admin "yes i 1st endtask of hub and cleanly open as admin then only i stared download but failed verifiacton"
    3. the user account is all rights full control over all files in my pc
    4. internet connection is also good
    5. license is also in validty
    6. i freaking just uninsatlled my avsat antivirus 1day b4
    7. manually diabled windows firewall for public, private networs and also realtime protction also
    8. after trying these i deleted Hub from revo unitaller and deleetd its regiries files also even More i deleted the appdata/roaming/unityHub after athem and then i reinstall hub and tried downloding edioter but even it fails
    9. even tried in multiple user
    10. tried with VPN also

NOTE: i know how to install ediotr and android support manually
    but it suks on build option bcoz android support setup from website doesnot include SDk, jdsk and other Tools , im very particluar about Build option to work, Bcoz i totally completed My game .all left is to just export Aab for playstore
    Also acutally hub wont show you add modules if we insatll manully(not from hub ) then i cahnge json file to make it add modules button to work but it works but cannot add modules, see pic

I thought Hub 3.5.1 has not really have a good code to ask promt or lookat or check for Uac acesss it dirclty taking as user declined without knowing uac
    so just wating for this to solve to make my gamebuild and publsh or have any thoughts pls share

Attached Files:

2. JohnnyConnor

JohnnyConnor

Do yourself a favor and uninstall this Unity Hub bugware for good.
    Instead, just download the version you want to install here.

3. KumarTony

KumarTony

Bro i have to download proper sdks and jdk ,ndks stuff sadly we can't get them from the link

EricJ13 likes this.
  4. JohnnyConnor

JohnnyConnor

Ok, I understand you now. Have you tried downgrading Unity Hub? It didn't work for me at the time, but it might do for you.

5. KumarTony

KumarTony

ahh taking truely ,i was not supposed do it , bcoz i did not able to get downgraded hub
    At the Archeives the hub are failing downloading and they are downloding at speed of light (max 50kbps lol)
    so they slow downalod to show they fails downlods i asked some others to give any drive lkink if they have
    1. Do you have still this issue
    2. However if i want to try it will be 3.3.0
    share any help if u found bro

see pic it may help

Attached Files:

6. JohnnyConnor

JohnnyConnor

Try to downgrade it by downloading it from this repository (version 2.4.5) I found on GitHub, I believe it will be quicker than downloading it from the archives. If you specifically need the 3.3.0 version, you can try searching for it on the internet, but I think it will be hard to find it outside the archives.
    And yes, I still have this issue, but unlike you, I don't need these modules, so I decided to just manually install Unity and use it while this bug gets sorted out.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2023
  7. KumarTony

KumarTony

Thanks , i will test that hub and
    I also move on to another game
    And i will post result of that hub

JohnnyConnor likes this.
  8. KumarTony

KumarTony

Hey it worked , i use version 2.4.5 hub from achieve, try using Idm if are facing downloading issues like me
    It all works fine to download editor and sdks and stuff
    But i ran into failed to update sdk again and again

JohnnyConnor likes this.
  9. JohnnyConnor

JohnnyConnor

Interesting, I'll give it a try if I ever need to use Unity Hub again.
    As for the SDK update error, if you don't find a solution anywhere, I suggest posting the error logs here or making another thread for it.

10. KumarTony

KumarTony

Appreciated if it gonna solve my S*** update sdk problem,
    i I'm very happy at least i cracked the bug of editor installation after days of irritation , this happens won't came even on my game complete lol

11. moonlock

moonlock

Uninstalled everything started with fresh hub download problem persists. Checked logs and it is trying to install Linux-IL2CPP-Support on a drive that is no longer in the system. Hope that helps someone. Unresolved for me.

12. Partrick

Partrick

13. KumarTony

KumarTony

Hey sorry iwas did it same but ran into sdk errors later so i reset my pc then problem solved

14. TheTortilla

TheTortilla

Question : Does your windows username contains whitespaces?
    I suspect this is causing the same issue you're describing to me and all solutions you mentioned didn't worked. When configuring the hub's install and download folders it said that whitespaces in path might cause issues. Those folders are using paths that doesn't contain them but what if something's need to use appdata ? As my username contains one it would cause this bug

15. KumarTony

KumarTony

No don't have any, its just c/users/tony/....
    Do you need any help

16. TheTortilla

TheTortilla

Yeah I've tried all solutions above but still can't install any editor from Hub. I don't want to reset my computer because I just did two month ago and I don't want to go through the reinstall and config process once again because Unity Hub can't do the only thing it's useful for.

17. TheTortilla

TheTortilla

Using Unity Hub 3.2.0 solved the issue.

KumarTony likes this.
  18. keatonwennekes

keatonwennekes

I am still having the issue

19. JohnnyConnor

JohnnyConnor

Ok, the day has come. Downgrading still didn't work for me, but I've found a solution in a similar thread that did the trick.
    In short, when you install a Unity version and/or its modules through Unity Hub, the Hub generates their respective installers, stores them in its downloads folder (set on 'Installs' > 'Downloads location'), and fails to execute and install them automatically. However, since these installers were placed in said folder, you can simply access it and execute them yourself!

20. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Still having the issue, sadly. Where's Unity QA? :/

Edit: Lol:

21. VeganBurrito86

VeganBurrito86

Disabling Malwarebytes while installing made the issue go away for me. Seems odd though.

EricJ13 and GunnarMallon like this.
  22. GunnarMallon

GunnarMallon

Thank you so much! This was my first time installing Unity (toss-up with Godot) and getting the Validation Failed was not the start I was hoping for. Disabling Malwarebytes did the trick for me too.

23. RealHandy

RealHandy

Confirmed on Unity Hub 3.7 that installing an editor with Malwarebytes causes several errors in info-log.json, including that I failed to respond to a UAC prompt (which I didn't), and ending in:
    {"level":"warn","moduleName":"UnityInstallerWindows","message":"[ 'error while installing the Editor! Trying to empty the folder! ', 'The Hub cannot proceed because the installation service is not running. Aborting.' ]"}
    {"level":"error","moduleName":"Installer: 2022.3.17f1-x86_64","message":"[ 'Installation failed. Reason: Error: Error while installing the editor 2022.3.17f1-x86_64 : [object Object]' ]"}

Turning off Malwarebytes features, particularly Exploit Protection, gets past this but then the install hangs at another error.

only exiting Malwarebytes COMPLETELY results in a successful install.

24. EricJ13

EricJ13

Same here. Ugh.