Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Bug][v0.5.3] Sprite not loaded when instantiating addressable prefab

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by MaskedMouse, Feb 7, 2019.

1. MaskedMouse

MaskedMouse

In our project we have a few addressables that are split over several packs (asset bundles).
    But when I load the prefab, it does not load the sprite image that is used in the prefab. So somehow the dependent bundle is not loaded?

I have made a small project which contains the bug (see attached zipped project).
    It occurs when using Packed Mode, does not occur while using Fast or Virtual.
    2 Different prefabs which load the same image from a different bundle.
    1 prefab loading an image that is in the same bundle.
    The ones that have to load an image of the different bundle does not seem to load the image.
    The one that contains the image in the same bundle does seem to load the image.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  2. chris_hellsten

chris_hellsten

I have been experiencing something similar all week. I couldn't get any materials to work with any models that I instantiate through the Addressables System in 0.5.3 or 0.5.2. I rolled back to 0.4.8 and everything worked fine. I hope that works for you too.

3. hololabs

hololabs

Just trying out Addressables now and also experiencing a similar issue. I'm attempting to instantiate a prefab with a sprite. The prefab is instantiated into the scene but it appears that the sprite shaders are not loaded. The SpriteRenderer displays the warning "Material does not have a _MainTex texture property. It is required for SpriteRenderer."

I will try rolling back to 0.4.8