Search Unity

[Bug] Unity keeps crashing after modifying prefabs

Discussion in 'Prefabs' started by Pnvanol, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Pnvanol

Pnvanol

So I would modify an existing prefab by changing its children in prefab mode for example, in canvas environment, save and when I would hit play, Unity crashes.

I love this new feature, but it would be amazing if we could also change many children from different prefabs all at once. By selecting them in the unity editor searching for the name of the children for example.

2. runevision

runevision

Hi. We'll need a bug report created through the Unity bug reporter with repro project and repro steps in order to be able to reproduce this crash issue. Thanks.

Pnvanol likes this.
  3. Anananas42

Anananas42

Same thing consistently happens to me both in 2021.1.23 version and 2021.1.26f1

4. pietrodenicola

pietrodenicola

Unity Technologies

5. ImFaisal

ImFaisal

The same thing consistently happens to me in 2021.2.7f1 version

6. Peter_Olsted

Peter_Olsted

Unity Technologies

Please submit a bug report with some reproduction steps, that way we can ensure that it's fixed.

7. ImFaisal

ImFaisal

It's fixed now that I've cleared my GI cache and build cache in Unity Preferences.

Yavuz_Selim likes this.
  8. Yavuz_Selim

Yavuz_Selim

This solution worked for me, thanks a lot!
    I was trying to edit my prefabs lots of different ways and none was worked.
    I wonder why your solution worked and what was the actual problem. Would you please explain?

9. MaxDerevyagin

MaxDerevyagin

Damn, it happens each 1 minute sometimes! I'm using Unity 2020.3.36f. It's very annoying for app with paid subscription.

Attached Files:

10. alexsmith123

alexsmith123

Unity Technologies

Please report a bug with a project, so we can reproduce and fix the issue. Thank you!

11. MaxDerevyagin

MaxDerevyagin

I can't share my project because it's under NDA. The issue appeared after long time when project became large and complicated. But I'll try to make some isolated sample.

12. alexsmith123

alexsmith123

Unity Technologies

You don't need to send in the whole project, it's enough to send the minimal amount of information that is needed to reproduce it. For example if you start out with an empty project, and you write down how to recreate the crash in that, that's enough as well.

13. azeem_ehsan

azeem_ehsan

I have also cleared the GI-Cache and Hurryyy....!!! now this crash issue is FIXED. :)