Search Unity

[Bug] Unity Hub - constantly reminding of same cloud projects

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Thriving, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Thriving

Thriving

"New cloud projects are available, hit refresh to add them in projects list"

Every time I start the program I get the same message. I have a project on the Unity Cloud from 1-2 years ago (the only one I ever bothered to uploaded there). Every time I start Unity Hub, I press refresh, and it shows under projects. When I restart the Hub, the project is no longer part of the projects list and I need to 'refresh' for it to be visible again. I have not downloaded the project since and I have no intention of doing so.

Using Unity Hub 2.0.4 this bug has been present since at least 2.0.1 though.

JanTuts and audguy like this.
  2. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

The Hub will cache cloud projects as long as it's open. We don't persist project information to disk. We may offer this as an option in the future.

Thank you for posting!

3. Thriving

Thriving

You definitely should, there's no point in continuously making me press 'refresh' each time I start my computer. At that point, I'd rather just delete the project from the Unity Cloud.

JanTuts and AbrahamDUnity like this.
  4. any_user

any_user

Thriving likes this.
  5. Thriving

Thriving

6. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

The issue was closed because as annoying as it might be it's not a bug. If you log out/close the Hub there won't be any Collab projects in the project list so there is a toast pop up to let you know there are some projects you don't see yet. Not to worry though, the UX will be better in the near future.

Cheers,