Search Unity

[BUG] uninstalling an editor version on a mac leaves a dangling app

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by rob8861, Dec 28, 2018.

1. rob8861

rob8861

Hello,
    If you uninstall an existing editor on a Mac (OSX mojave) using the hub, it leaves a dangling link (a document icon with a big ? mark). Then if you install a new version of the editor, it does get installed correctly under the Hub folder in Applications but no shortcut is created.
    This seems to be more than just a linking issues, because I also noticed that Visual Studio no longer finds the Unity DLLs unless the project is reopened in Unity and things get recreated I guess.

anyhow, steps to reproduce:

1) open the Hub and install a version one older than the latest one.
    2) create a new project in this version.
    3) create a script in this project, open VS for Mac and add few lines of code, like a debug print statement
    4) close the project.
    5) close unity
    6) uninstall this version of Unity using the hub
    7) when the uninstall is completed, install the latest version of unity or 1 version newer.
    7.1) open Launchpad and notice that there is now a dangling app and new version is not there
    8) open the project in VS for mac. VS will complain that the unity DLLs are not found
    9) open the project in Unity, proceed with the conversion and it should be fixed now.

2. Please submit a proper bug report too and post the case number here! It would allow the developers to take a look effectively. You can find the bug reporter in the hub: My Account / Report a bug.