Search Unity

[BUG] Tile palettes in the 2d game kit are invisible

Discussion in 'World Building' started by WalksOnAshes, May 5, 2018.

1. WalksOnAshes

WalksOnAshes

I am using Unity 2018.1.Of2, and this prolem arose with the first interactive project: the 2d platformer. When opening the Tile Palette window, the tiles are invisible. At first I thought they had failed to load or that the window couldn't find the assets, but clicking around blindly revealed that the tiles are actually are there, but are only visible when painting them on the scene. Capture.PNG Capture.PNG

s-a-s-s and wakaraneko like this.
  2. Alisru

Alisru

https://unity3d.com/unity/beta-download#release-notes
    "2D: Fix tiles not rendered in tile palette window (1010103)"
    among other palette bugs, at least until they roll a patch out for the release version, honestly pretty embarrassing for the 2018 versions release to have this massive a bug, still, theres another post from Wednesday about it

seems like the new unity hub program helps save versions of unity so at least that's pretty handy

s-a-s-s and wakaraneko like this.
  3. jonmay

jonmay

Yep, just found this out too in 2018.1.1f1

4. Tyrathect

Tyrathect

I submitted a bug for this. It seems like it's been there for a while.

5. devbyskc

devbyskc

I'm having the same issue. I tried 3 times in both Unity 2017.4 and Unity 2018.1. Though WalksOnAshes brought some light, it still doesn't help because you can't see what tiles you're putting into the scene until they are there. Not very conducive to efficient workflow.

6. Etoyoc

Etoyoc

I'm having the reverse happen, I place tiles then remove them later, they disappear in the scene view but you still run into them in game mode. Unity 2018.2.10f1 (64-bit)

7. postlude

postlude

I had this happen after upgrading from 2019.1.3f1 to 2019.1.5f1. The solution was to reimport the game kit.