Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug BUG? SkinnedMeshRenderer Problem in 2021.3.18-3.19

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Wuyan_ren, Feb 24, 2023.

1. Wuyan_ren

Wuyan_ren

In play mod, the character becomes transparent. The problem occurred after updated from version 2021.3.16 to 3.18, 3.19. And the problem disappeared when I Changed back to 2021.3.16. It's about 70 percent of the time, but occasionally it disappeared when I changed scenes (maybe).

upload_2023-2-25_4-20-15.png

Please watch the video. Does anyone know what the problem is?

To reproduce the problem:

A new created empty HDRP project of 2021.3.19 HDRP. Imported opsive third party character controller, convert buildin material, then test in demo scene. https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/game-toolkits/third-person-controller-233712

Note that there are errors in the scene because there are shaders be not HDRP-compatible, but the character's material is HDRP lit. Create a new scene to test the character,the problem remains. In my project, characters that don't use this character controller also have problems. But my project is big, this is what I can think of to make it easier for reproducing the problem.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
  2. DevDunk

DevDunk

1. If you change the color outside of playmode, does it also come back?
    2. If you right click the material, and click reimport, does that fix it?
    3. In the HDRP window (with all the checks), can you click update materials?

4. If it still happens: If you right click on the player prefab and export to unitypackage, and then import in a blank hdrp project, does it still happen?

3. Wuyan_ren

Wuyan_ren

Do the 1 or 2, when restarted play mod, seems work. But when restart the editor, the problem still here.

And strangely, it seems that only the last operation works. For example, I first reimport the head material , play, the rendering of the head is fixed, then stop play, reimport body material, play, body render no problem, BUT the head render problem again.

4. Wuyan_ren

Wuyan_ren

Do you mean HDRP Wizard -> Upgrade HDRP materials? It's no use, and will destroy the fixes of 1 and 2.
    upload_2023-2-25_5-48-49.png

5. DevDunk

DevDunk

Then try a blank project and if it still happens make a bug report

6. Wuyan_ren

Wuyan_ren