Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Bug Reporter] Slow to upload bug reports?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by thelebaron, Apr 2, 2019.

1. thelebaron

thelebaron

An issue I have constantly is that my bug reports take quite a while to upload, while my connection is definitely faster(I only use 10% of my upload speed, and I definitely can reach this speed uploading to google drive or raw photos to say amazon drive) than the speed at which I send my reports. Is bug reporting throttled or is this just some quirk on my end? I only really have one connection to test this from so I suppose I wont ever figure out the cause but it does make bug reporting more painful than it should be.

2. FerousFolly

FerousFolly

It's not just you, the bug reporter is extremely slow on my machine as well. I have a 120mbps upload rate at my uni (where I submitted a report), which should be more than enough to upload a small project's necessary details. However, I've been waiting for it to complete for almost 5 hours now, and it's still only at 74%. Oddly, it jumped to 60% in the first 10 mins, but has been agonisingly slow ever since.

That cancel button is just tantalising at this point.

3. ProtoTerminator

ProtoTerminator

I'm on gigabit internet and it's uploading foreeeeeever... Did your guys' reports ever go through?

4. thelebaron

thelebaron

they do but it takes a good few hours and I try to do it overnight

5. how_to_LoL_u

how_to_LoL_u

Same here

6. cmersereau

cmersereau

This is crazy. I came searching because my progress bar appears to be stuck on 0% and I assumed it was broken. Does it still take this long to upload a bug? Or am I actually experiencing a different issue?

(Also, how silly to need to report a bug about the bug reporter not working. How can you not laugh about that?)

7. TV4Fun

TV4Fun

Hey, I think it's really great that you have a bug reporter, can I file a bug report on it though? I started uploading a report last night, it jumped to 50% within a few minutes and stuck there. I checked on it this morning, about 8 hours later, and it has made it all the way to 60%. The files consist of the default includes for a project that was literally just me creating a new 3D project and doing nothing else, and one screenshot. Also, I just hit the cancel button cause I thought it might be good to re-evaluate what files were included, but apparently there isn't a way to edit the report or even save the lengthy and detailed report text I wrote, as everything is grayed out, and I only have a cancel button on the main screen I can click.

This thread has been here for 3 years and gotten no attention, and the problem still persists. If you actually care about finding out about bugs in Unity, you may want to do something about this. Otherwise, it looks a whole lot like you don't actually want to hear our feedback and just created the bug reporter as a way to keep us busy.

8. Davex6

Davex6

Still happening - 12 Mbps!?! Do they not really want them?

9. OrientedPain

OrientedPain

Still very slow :mad:

10. Davex6

Davex6

The first bug report I sent in took hours, but that was because I was uploading all the project folders meaning having to upload Gigabtyes. Removing most of the folders in the Library folder gives a total size in the Megabytes, and so a much quicker upload time.