Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Bug Reporter doesn't work

Discussion in '2022.2 Beta' started by Rowlan, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Rowlan

Rowlan

Unity 2022.2.0a16: I just wanted to file a bug report. The progress bar goes up to 100 percent for sending the report and then nothing happens. Everything except the Remove and Cancel buttons is greyed out.

I did remove the project for the report because it wasn't necessary and because the file upload usually takes an eternity. Maybe that's a side effect.

2. Rowlan

Rowlan

Nope, doesn't work with the project either. Just tried to send 3 bug reports. Neither went through.

@LeonhardP tagging you since I guess this needs an urgent fix

3. Rowlan

Rowlan

Update: Looks like the reports got in and the confirmation landed in my spam folder. I had no info that the mail changed and comes from no-reply@automation.atlassian.com now.

So all that's left is that there's no notification popup after the bug submission. And I can't login to the page that's listed as "Check report status" in the mail.

4. Tanky

Tanky

I filed a bug report recently from within the Unity editor and it worked. I received a confirmation email from Unity.

But I'm having the same problem you are trying to follow the status. In the email I click a button labeled "Check report status" which takes me to a Unity page on the atlassian.net site. It asks for my Unity login, which I provide, but my login is rejected. I know my account and password are correct, but they don't work on this Unity/Atlassian site.

5. marcdi_unity

marcdi_unity

Unity Technologies

Tanky, sorry for the confusion (and the very late reply here!) but you need to log into https://unity3d.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals using an atlassian account, not your Unity account. If you don't have one just follow the create an account flow and make sure the email matches the one you used in your reports.

Rowlan likes this.
  6. Baste

Baste

Could that perhaps be some information that's added to the email about the bug report?

Also, who do I complain to to say that the new emails that are sent out about bug report status changes are formatted so poorly that I can barely tell what the email is trying to tell me?

7. marcdi_unity

marcdi_unity

Unity Technologies

I'll feed back both of those points - the first is fairly common, so anything we can do to make it a little more obvious the better.

8. LaireonGames

LaireonGames

Yeah this really wasn't obvious, I thought it was a bug (trying to login to Atlasian to see a bug report I mean).

9. Stardog

Stardog

There's no option to login with Google, which is what my atlassian account is using.

10. PolarbombVFX

PolarbombVFX

@marcdi_unity was pretty clear to make a login with the email you used when you created the bug. So you'd need to make a new atlassian account with that email to be able to log in.

11. Stardog

Stardog

Have you even done this?

It will say "It looks like you've already got an account associated with this email. Log in instead or reset your password if you've forgotten it"

It's bugged and it won't be fixed, and I don't care because I'm done helping Unity beta test their crapware.

The irony that their bug report system is bugged...