Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reported with Unity 5.6.0b1: Executing Instantiate(.. with a UI Input Field in scene

Discussion in '5.6 Beta' started by vspin, Dec 21, 2016.

1. vspin

vspin

(Unity 5.6.0b1)

I was banging my head over an problem until I finally discovered the issue. Executed Instantiate(Object original, Transform parent, bool worldPositionStays) with a UI Input Field in scene draws the following error:

Transform has SetIsDispatchInterested present when destroying the hierarchy. Systems must deregister themselves in Deactivate.
    UnityEngine.UI.ScrollRect:LateUpdate()

Transform has SetIsHierarchyDispatchInterested present when destroying the hierarchy. Systems must deregister themselves in Deactivate.
    UnityEngine.UI.ScrollRect:LateUpdate()

The following error was outputted when I stopped:

System is not interested in this transform, SetSystemInterested may only be called on transforms that are set interested.

Assertion failed on expression: 'GetSystemInterested(transform, system) != enable'

This is not a problem with Unity 5.5.0f3. Unfortunately for me, 5.5.0f3 has an issue with kinetic scrolling on ScrollViews that has been fixed in this beta version. Arghh!!

UPDATE: Actually, it's not the Instantiate method. Anytime there is a UI Canvas that contains an active UI TextField and an active GameObject with the SpriteRenderer component, this error will occur.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  2. Boven_1

Boven_1

did you solve this problem?

3. GeekyMonkey

GeekyMonkey

I'm having the same problem with 5.6.0b3. I have a text input on a canvas that starts out disabled. Once I enable the canvas, these errors happen. The errors aren't there if I disable the input.

4. vspin

vspin

When an active SpriteRenderer and a TextField share the same canvas, the errors are thrown, however, if you set the font to none on the TextField's text component, the error goes away but makes the TextField not useable (obviously).

It's been 10 days since I submitted the bug, and it is still not looked at.

EDIT: Actually, there is one workaround. Put all your SpriteRenders outside your Canvas.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    ldrly-roger likes this.
  5. vspin

vspin

For reference, the case number is: 863470

6. topaz7

topaz7

This is really frustrating issue for a dynamic UI based game. Please look into this one.

7. phil-Unity

phil-Unity

Unity UI Lead Developer

Hey, So we found out what the issue is. Its a conflict between a new system being used and how the Transform to RectTransform is done on the back end. Really it had nothing to do with it being a InputField or anything but more that it was instantiating things in a "wrong" order. We have a fix that i'll see when i can get it backported to.

vspin likes this.
  8. motispa

motispa

Hi guys,

I just encountered this issue not being fixed in 5.6.0b4 while calling
    Code (csharp):
    1. var go = new GameObject(...)
    2. go.AddComponent<RectTransform>();
    changing this to Instantiation of a Prefab which already has a RectTransform-Component solved it for me.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  9. Venryx

Venryx

I have the same issue in 5.6.0b4. I will try the solution mentioned.

10. ccsander

ccsander

The bug tracker for 863470 shows it is fixed in 5.6.0, but I'm still having issue with latest beta (5.6.0b7). Any idea which release the fix is slated for? Thanks

ccs

11. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

The fix should be implemented. Could you please file a bug report if you still experience issues?

12. ccsander

ccsander

OK let me see if I can create a small testcase that demonstrates the issue. It seems to have to do with InputText only.

13. ccsander

ccsander

It took a while to make a simple testcase, but I managed to figure it out. It seems to happen when you have a gameobject with a mesh renderer and another gameobject that has InputText UI component where both gameobjects share a similar parent up in the hierarchy somewhere. I submitted a ticket for it with project included:

https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?880201_irmbs66u8si31o1v

ccs

Venryx likes this.
  14. ccsander

ccsander

Unity QA just responded this will be fixed in 5.6.0b8, probably due out soon!

LeonhardP likes this.
  15. ccsander

ccsander

Confirming this was fixed. I just tried it in 5.6.0.b9.

Venryx likes this.