Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Bug Report] UnityHub fails to install Unity on MacOS 10.14.4 (18E226), logs included

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by ww3pl, May 25, 2019.

1. ww3pl

ww3pl

*UnityHub version*
    Wersja 2.0.0 (2.0.0)

*What's wrong*

When installing the Unity editor without explicitly changing the path in Unity Hub's settings (or when changing it to the Applications directory) on a non-admin MacOS User, the Unity installation fails without an error message. It would be much more helpful to see a reason for the installation just disappearing before it even finishes.

*Logs*
    {"moduleName":"UnityInstallerMac","level":"warn","message":"[ ' Error while installing the Editor',\n { error: \n { code: 'MISSING_DESTINATION',\n message: 'The install destination was invalid or missing.' } } ]","timestamp":"2019-05-25T16:58:10.523Z"}

*Workaround*
    I had to explicitly change the Unity installation path to a directory owned by my user (i.e. home directory). Afterwards, the Unity was successfully installed by UnityHub.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  2. drew55

drew55

Got this error too...

3. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Normally the Hub will ask for administrator rights to perform this type of task. Could you report a bug through the Hub's bug reporter (from the tray menu) and post the Fogbugz number here?

Thanks,