Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug report submitting speed is suddenly 10 times faster

Discussion in '2019.2 Beta' started by 5argon, Jun 24, 2019.

1. 5argon

5argon

Previously even with creating a new project to make a simple repro, it takes up to 10 minutes to submit a single report. (Been like this since 2017.1 or so) Now it's under a minute as it should. I wonder if something changed at the server or my internet had a problem before? Anyways, nice upgrade!

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

5argon likes this.
  3. 5argon

5argon

I just added 65 MB video to the report, it also finished fast. While if it works that would be great, it is almost as if the reporter forgot to include my video or something (and possibly more things).

4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Last week we successfully moved to a new infrastructure for the Bug Reporter backend. Increased upload speeds are one of the desired effects of this. Confirmation emails should also be near instantaneous now once uploading has finished. Can you confirm this?

Xarbrough, 5argon and Peter77 like this.
  5. 5argon

5argon

Last several reports I never see the load bar stopping and the mail arrives instantly. Previously it takes 10-20 minutes after the confirmation dialog on screen. It's great!

LeonhardP likes this.
  6. 5argon

5argon

Right, I should mention there is one bug from ~2017 version that is still left (just hit one a moment ago). Sometimes the upload bar will freeze and not move anymore no matter how long you wait. And it is different from the case of bad internet. When in this state, pressing cancel will not restore the greyed out part of the UI. (maybe this would give you some clue what's wrong?) Where if the internet is not good the greyed out will restore, so I can hold on to the typed report and retry with better connection. Moreover greyed out UI could not be highlight copied, so the only way is to close-reopen the reporter and retype everything. I always copy the report to notepad before submitting because of this.

It is now better that I could be sure that it entered this bugged state sooner since previously I would not be sure if it is uploading slowly or bugged.

7. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

There seems to have been an issue with reports from 2017.4 and older. It should be fixed now. Please let us know if this issue persists for you.