Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug report: Debugger crash when using 4.6 backend

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by John-Chen350, Jul 14, 2018.

1. John-Chen350

John-Chen350

Dear all,

I've found a bug that prevents me from debugging my project anymore. Unity itself crashes again and again when a breakpoint is triggered. The project is a bit complex so I cannot upload it altogether, nor did I find any way to reproduce that in other projects. Yet, I've managed to debug Unity itself in x86 debugger, which shows the crash reason to be:

Assertion at ..\\mono\\mini\\method-to-ir.c:7604, condition `!sig->has_type_parameters' not met

Meanwhile, I've examined which method causes the JIT compiler to fail. Surprisingly it turns out to be UnityEngine.Component.GetComponentInParent<T>, not related to my code even for a bit. So it seems that's a Unity bug and I'm using the latest version of LTS release: 2017.4.6 since 2018.2 still don't have Substance's support for mobile platform (what a shame).

Full stacktrace is attached below.

Best Regards

Attached Files:

2. Peter77

Peter77

Could you please submit a bug-report as explained in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

Posting crash bugs in the forum does not lead to any resolution in most cases. Unity will most likely not investigate the crash, if you don't submit a bug-report.

karl_jones likes this.