Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug report closed without solution

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by fricod, Jul 14, 2019.

1. fricod

fricod

Hi, I'm rather new on the forums. I'm not sure if I'm breaking any rules here, but read the rules page : https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-developer-network-rules.151486/

Anyway, I reported a bug, provided screenshots and replied with a possible workaround that doesn't really fix the problem, but at least provides an alternative. The support worker then followed up by requesting a sample project. So I zipped one up consisting of a single plane with a material, then added it using Google Drive. After a week I received a message:

We haven't received a response from you on the issue.

Please let us know if you have more information.

For now, this case will be closed. If we hear from you in the future, we'll reopen it for further investigation.

So I replied, then another week later I got the exact same message again. Do replies not work? Do Google Drive links not show up? Who do I contact about this? I have a case number. I'm a support employee myself and I can't imagine bug reports will be closed without at least looking into it or replying with something like "we can't find the solution", "we don't consider this a bug"or something like "low priority, backlisted" at least. A reply "you didn't reply" to my reply isn't very logical, so I'm assuming something's going on with the bug report ticketing system.