Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug - Replacements.RemotingServices:CreateClientProxy() in Unity 5.0.1 and Xcode 6

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Rajmahal, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Hi,

I have built my current project with Unity 5.0.1 and Xcode 6 and deployed to a test device. However, when running the first level of the game, I get a strange null reference exception that I don't get during testing in Editor, Android build or when building for 32-bit (mono rather than IL2CPP). Here is the error message from Xcode during running on the device:

Unloading 32 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 25672.

Total: 102.572128 ms (FindLiveObjects: 8.138875 ms CreateObjectMapping: 7.412916 ms MarkObjects: 82.381958 ms DeleteObjects: 4.629041 ms)

NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.

at UIImageButton.OnPress (Boolean pressed) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GridManager.Select (.Tile ht) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Tile.Select () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnitControl.SelectNexUnit (.Faction faction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnitControl.SwitchToNextUnitInTurn () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnitControl.OnNextTurn () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameControlTB+NextTurnHandler.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIImageButton.OnPress (Boolean pressed) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameControlTB+<OnNextTurn>c__Iterator25.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Replacements.RemotingServices.CreateClientProxy (System.Type objectType, System.String url, System.Object[] activationAttributes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Replacements.RemotingServices:CreateClientProxy(Type, String, Object[])

(Filename: currently not available on il2cpp Line: -1)

*** end of error message

I don't use Replacements.RemotingServices.CreateClientProxy() anywhere in my original code. Seems to be specific to il2cpp ... especially considering the last line of the message. Can anyone please help me determine whether this is a new issue or has this already been identified? I have not yet opened a bug report. I wanted to get feedback form the community before doing so. Any help would be greatly appreciated ... the whole il2cpp process is something that confuses me greatly.

2. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

I'm trying to figure things out on my end, obviously. Does anyone know of a full list of functions / methods that are not supported yet in IL2CPP? I presume that there is a script somewhere in my project that is not being converted over properly and that is causing the issue. If I have a full list of currently unsupported commands, I can search for them and make adjustments. Can anyone help?

3. kirillrybin

kirillrybin

Try to switch Api Compatibility Level to .NET 2.0 Subset. In my case it works.

4. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Thanks ... I did try that but it didn't help in this case.

5. BFGames

BFGames

Got the same problem!

6. TobyKaos

TobyKaos

Same here when I use WWW class. Seems that Coroutine is lost. I have an
    Exception: WWW download:The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1012.)

My code works well on Android, windows, mac and editor iOS. But on device not.

7. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@TobyKaos

Please try the latest patch release version of Unity. This looks like an error that was recently corrected.

8. MattiasWargren

MattiasWargren

Any luck? have the same problem with ILCPP + Unity 4.6.4f1. Only on device.

9. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@Mattias Wargren

It might be worth trying 4.6.5f1 now, as we have made a number of fixes since 4.6.4f1.