Search Unity

[Bug] ProBuilder Obj exporter: faces not connected

Discussion in 'World Building' started by snugsound, Sep 21, 2018.

1. snugsound

snugsound

Hi guys, I'm re-reporting an issue that I had logged in the old forums as it does not appear to be resolved:
    http://www.procore3d.com/forum/topi...ces-not-connected/?tab=comments#comment-10921

This is a very unfortunate bug as it basically makes the prototype -> export -> refine workflow impossible.

1) Name of tool
    ProBuilder

2) A brief description of the issue
    Probuilder meshes exported as Obj produce a mesh in which no faces are connected

3) Your system environment (Operating system, version of Unity, version of tool)
    Windows 10, Unity 5.6.1f1 / 2017.4.x / 2018.2.x, ProBuilder 2.9.0f3 through to latest

4) Full description of issue
    Probuilder meshes exported as Obj produce a mesh in which no faces are connected

5) List of steps, clearly explaining how to replicate the issue
    • Create a new ProBuilder shape, such as a cube
    • Export to OBJ format (Tools -> ProBuilder -> Export -> Export Obj)
    • Import into a modeling tool (I'm using Blender)
    • Select a face, move it, observe that it's disconnected from adjacent faces
    6) Any other comments/etc
    I've experimented with the various Obj import options in Blender to no avail

Salim likes this.
  2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi snugsound! Thanks for re-posting that, sorry if it got lost in the noise. Testing on 4.x now, I'll take a look ASAP and see if this is still an issue. Tons and tons of under-the-hood fixes/improvements in this update.

snugsound likes this.
  3. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Ok, solid repro and it doesn't appear to be the import settings in blender/etc (that's usually the culprit...). New Ticket created and I'll keep you updated here :)

4. Robaato

Robaato

Thank you for re-reporting this @snugsound! Our team just discovered this issue with our Export Obj. workflow and it's definitely placed a thorn in our side. Will be keeping an eye on whether this has been fixed or not.

snugsound likes this.
  5. Salim

Salim

Any words on this issue? I'm experiencing the same problem at the moment.
    I'm using ProBuilder 3.0.9 and Blender 2.79 on Windows.
    Thank you.

6. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

This has been fixed with the 4.0.4 update.