Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Bug] Probuilder missing 'edit mode toolbar' and more...

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Inv, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Inv

Inv

When I load any project with the latest version of ProBuilder (via the package manager), I get several errors about missing files, as well as a loss of functionality in ProBuilder. I have tried reinstalling Unity as well as removing/reinstalling the package to no avail. There are others using the same project files on different computers and they aren't having any problems. Any ideas?

Windows 10
    Unity 2018.2.6f1

Unity_2018-09-13_17-27-22.png

Note: missing edit mode toolbar

Unity_2018-09-13_17-27-39.png

EDIT: Typo: Windows 7 -> 10

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    Minous likes this.
  2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Yep, that's odd. And this is using a brand-new project? I'm curious if it has an old version of ProBuilder conflicting.

Missing meta files sounds like PB wasn't fully imported. Are you working from inside a synced folder, like dropbox, google drive, etc? That can cause strange, hard to repro issues.

3. Inv

Inv

The project that I used for the screenshots was not brand-new, but I recorded myself creating a brand-new project with the exact same issues.

Neither the video nor the project I screencapped are in a synced folder, however the latter is connected to a git repo.

4. Inv

Inv

OK, I managed to fix it.

Turned out the package was corrupted. With the help of a friend, we found where unity caches its package data. From there, I deleted the ProBuilder reference folder at:

"C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.probuilder@3.0.9"

and the offending subfolders in:

"C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\npm\packages.unity.com\com.unity.probuilder\"

After reloading the project, everything loaded correctly, and I can see that it repopulated the folders within my package cache.

In the future, it might be a good idea for Unity to add a option in the Package Manager to clear specific package caches. :)

gabrielw_unity and Minous like this.
  5. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Wow! That's strange, really glad you were able to find and fix that. Never would have found it otherwise. I'll check around if there are plans/existing methods to clear packages out like this, yep! Sorry for all the trouble, happy you got it working! :)

6. Minous

Minous

I ran into the same issue today and this cache clearing fixed me as well. Great find!

gabrielw_unity likes this.
  7. mholmberg

mholmberg

Just installed Probuilder, but no edit bar. Any ideas? noBar.png

8. dbencini

dbencini

Ive got the same issue any solution as ive tried all the above and it hasn't worked?

9. suinakigai

suinakigai

I'm also having this issue, tried the above, the folder path was not quite the same, but either way it didn't fix the issue. Anyone have a clue?

10. SMahdiFaghih

SMahdiFaghih

isgoed likes this.
  11. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi all! Yes, please make sure you use ProBuilder via the Package Manager, not Asset Store! Per the warning on the Asset Store, that is only ProBuilder 2.x and will NOT be supported.

Hope that helps! :)

Viacheslav_K20, ron-bohn and khalidf like this.
  12. alexandradailey

alexandradailey

How do I cleanly uninstall the one from the Asset Store then?

isgoed likes this.
  13. ron-bohn

ron-bohn

At the least... under tools > probuilder ....remove probuilder scripts from scene on any scenes you might have created objects and then delete it.

For super clean, I'd maybe export a custom package for everything else in your project, minus probuilder dependencies, and start a fresh project.

14. LoveraSantiago

LoveraSantiago

Same problem here, as
    Any helps please.

15. LoveraSantiago

LoveraSantiago

I update unity to 2019.4.0f1 and suddenly element tools on probuilder back.

16. L_uiz

L_uiz

Open the package manager again, go to probuilder, there go, to samples, install everything over ther, worked for me

Attached Files: