Search Unity

[Bug?][preview 1.1.4] Conversion from AssetBundles does not remove tag from meta

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by florian_d, Jul 6, 2019.

1. florian_d

florian_d

I've decided to try how I could use Addressables after defining my AssetBundle groups. It seems that after conversion, if the meta files were not writable (ie. in any SCM that write-protects data), the meta files are not modified and the AssetBundle groups persists.

This translates to a prompt to upgrade my AssetBundles to Addressables, all the time. I don't know if that's supposed to work like that (as some sort of backup if people want to go back to AssetBundles? If so, why saying it's irreversible?

- Unity 2019.1.9f1
    - Plastic SCM
    - Addressables@1.1.4preview

PS: I had to delete manually all the bundles via the Asset Bundle Browser.
    Feel free to point out any stupidity on my end, I'm still exploring all of the addressable/AssetBundle things, I might have missed something. I'll update the thread accordingly if that's the case.

2. unity_bill

unity_bill

if we can't write the meta files, then we can't change them. I'm not sure if there's a way for us to detect this and abort the operation. Or force the write. This is definitely a problem as many people use a VCS system that locks files. So I've made a ticket for us to look into this.

The two work arounds you could have done were either to remove all bundles as you did in your note, or make all your files writeable

3. florian_d

florian_d