Search Unity

Bug: Polybrush breaking Probuilder Faces

Discussion in 'World Building' started by a_radarhead, Mar 30, 2020.

1. a_radarhead

a_radarhead

In working on a level design utilizing both ProBuilder and PolyBrush, I have run into an inconsistent bug that occurs when sculpting that is making it a nightmare to progress. Here I have a partially-sculpted ProBuilder mesh:

However, when I try to modify it with any of the PolyBrush tools, the faces do this:

I'm not sure what is causing this. It doesn't occur on most meshes until they are subdivided (to increase detail space) which is annoying but something I can understand, yet this particular mesh has not had any such operations performed on it. It was sculpting fine until it wasn't. Any thoughts?

Edit: I forgot to mention, my console get flooded with this error message when the bug occurs.

Edit 2: For posterity, seems like this is fixed easily enough by rebuilding all polybrush objects.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  2. Destrucity

Destrucity

This still seems to be an issue as of Unity 2022.2.9 with Probuilder 5.0.7 and Polybrush 1.1.4. I was able to work around the issue by checking the "Use Additional Vertex Streams" option in Preferences > Polybrush. It still acts like it's going to break momentarily but then snaps into working when I start painting.
    upload_2023-4-28_10-4-38.png

Mister_Iwa likes this.
  3. Mister_Iwa

Mister_Iwa

That's really helpful, thank you! Saw that option before, but was unsure what it was even for.
    Currently on Unity version 2022.3.51f, ProBuilder version 5.1.0, and Polybrush 1.1.4. Hopefully the main issue gets patched at some point.