Search Unity

[Bug? or Help needed] with Unity 4.6 I have a Problem with Objectfields and a custom GUISkin

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by Deleted User, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello, I'm developing an editor extension which makes use of a custom GUISkin and it worked everything well with Unity 4.5, until I started to use Unity 4.6...
    I wanted to wait for the official 4.6 release to port my extension to it, so now that I tested it I don't get around the following problem:

When I display an Objectfield for texture selection (Objectfield stands under the EditorGUI Class not the normal GUI class), it asks me for an "ObjectFieldThumbOverlay" and "ObjectFieldThumbOverlay2" definition in the skin that I use. Now I have two questions:

Why does it need at all a ObjectFieldThumbOverlay in 4.6, when the Objectfield should be drawn from the native GUI Skin the Editor already has?

And if we really need to specify now a ObjectFieldThumbOverlay, where do we do that exactly?

I know how to do customstyles (indeed I use some in my own Skin and my extension, set everything up etc. and like I said it worked until 4.5), I can't find any way how to define it. The GUISkin Inspector in Unity only has options for Buttons, Textfields, Labels, Window etc. but none for Objectfields, and I guess defining the ObjectFieldThumbOverlay as a customstyle is not the solution, as the customstyles are accessed by an Array.. (like.: GUI.Skin.customStyles[2]). I even don't know how the ObjectFieldThumbOverlay should look like, any example available??

To see if I just did something wrong in my own code I quickly made this example as a test:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using UnityEditor;
    3. using System.Collections;
    5. namespace Valentactive.NewCompo
    6. {
    7.     public class NewCompo : EditorWindow
    8.     {
    10.         // Data:
    11.         private Texture TextureToSet;
    12.         private static GUISkin TagCompoSkin = null;
    14.         // Adds menu entry named "NewCompo" to the Window menu
    15.         // and initializes the variables:
    16.         [MenuItem("Window/NewCompo")]
    17.         static void Init()
    18.         {
    19.             NewCompo window = (NewCompo)EditorWindow.GetWindow(typeof(NewCompo));
    20.             window.title = "Window1";
    21.             if (TagCompoSkin == null)
    22.             {
    23.                 TagCompoSkin = (GUISkin)(Resources.LoadAssetAtPath("Assets/Editor/TagCompo/TagCompoSkin.guiskin", typeof(GUISkin)));
    24.             }
    26.         }
    28.         void OnGUI()
    29.         {
    30.             GUI.skin = TagCompoSkin;  //Sets the skin to the "TagCompoSkin"
    31.             EditorGUILayout.BeginVertical();
    32.             EditorGUILayout.LabelField("Bug Example:");
    33.             TextureToSet = (Texture)EditorGUILayout.ObjectField("Texture:", TextureToSet, typeof(Texture), false);  //Sets the private TextureToSet with the Texture that we chose on this Objectfield
    34.             EditorGUILayout.EndVertical();
    35.         }
    36.     }
    37. }
    Or is it just a new bug?
    Did anyone else face similar problems?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2014