Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Object Picker left right

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by TommySKD, Dec 10, 2018.

1. TommySKD

TommySKD

1. Open any Object Picker window from any inspector (material field, gameobject field..)
    2. Immediately after opening it you can move up and down as usual (with arrow keys*)..
    3. ..but not left and right, until you click on it to give it focus then everything works. Normally you don't have to click on it.

im posting this here because i'd like to know if other people have this bug? Maybe it got fixed already not sure I have the last beta version

It bugs on an empty project even on 2018.3.0b9

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    Sluggy and Prodigga like this.
  2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

If this still reproduces with the latest 2018.3 beta, please submit a bug-report as described in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/beta/guide-to-beta-testing#tab-3

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a bug-report Case number. Please post this Case number here (in this forum thread) for Unity staff to pick up.

3. TommySKD

TommySKD

Bug report: 1108370

oh.. oops also copypasted the forum part :p

This bug is annoying when you want to quickly pick things next to eachother by naming which actually happens very often for me with sprites materials sounds gameobjects etc.

OH YEA ALSO usually you quickly type in the name of what you want since the search box has focus too, then you press Right to select, because of the bug that doesn't work too until you click to give focus, very annoying.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    LeonhardP and Peter77 like this.