Search Unity

bug -- not enough space

Discussion in 'Linux' started by usmtl, Jul 27, 2019.

1. usmtl

usmtl

I believe there is a bug for both the 'Standalone Linux Installer' and a similar bug for Unity Hub.

I have multiple mountpoints, my "/" mountpoint has very little room, but my /home partition and other sub-paths under /home/user has multiple mountpoints with lots of free space..

I managed to get unityeditor working after the standalone-installer was left stalling after downloading Unity.tar.xz -- but I am assuming this, there possibly could be more files it was trying to download.

The install did not complete with the standalone installer.

When I tried to use the Unity Hub, it told me that I do not have enough disk space, but it did not give me the ability to change any location.

The Unity-hub should provide a custom download-cache location similar as the unity-stand alone installer.. it may be getting confused because I am using a download-storage location (/home/user/Downloads <<< is actually a mountpoint, and may be getting confused with free disk space with the "/" mountpoint)

^ I was not able to complete the install, as the standalone-linux installer stalled after finishing to download file Unity.tar.xz, so I suppose there's a bug somewhere.

.. fwiw, I was able to extract this .tar.xz file, and later use the unity-hub to create a sample project file.. the Unity editor does run, but I am too new to know whether I could be missing anything from the standalone installer, if it needed to download more files.

I read unity-hub is replacing the standalone installer, so maybe fixing this is not important, but there is a bug in the unity-hub program in that it it is not detecting free disk space correctly preventing me from installing any of the components... doesn't matter how little space a component may be, the unity hub refuses to install anything.

please fix this bug, as unity hub fails to detect disk space properly when there are multiple mountpoints.
    thanks

2. dilettanteMathematician

dilettanteMathematician

I have basically the same problem. It seems like folks on Windows and Mac can work around it by directly downloading the installer for the version they want, but I can not find links for the unix version. The pages I have found only have download buttons for Windows and Mac.

3. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Does changing "Unity Editors Folder" setting in the hub not allow working around this?

upload_2019-8-23_14-33-43.png