Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[BUG] No such local file.

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Flamacore, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Flamacore

Flamacore

So here's what happened in my project.

Unity 2021.1.2f1
    Collaborate version 1.3.9

It's a relatively big project (EDIT: over 25GB assets and 70+gb with Library). Steps before the bug; I moved a bunch of folders from Assets root to Standard Assets in order to reduce script compilation time (see:Assembly-csharp-firstpass) and published the changes. The publish was successful, I can see it on Unity Dashboard but the collab window in Unity is asking me to Sync while also showing the changes I already pushed with that last Publish.

I naturally tried to Publish again to no avail. Also, now because it sees my own push as a "change from server", it asks me to sync. Problem is, when I try to sync, it throws a lot of No such local file errors because I've already moved them.

Anything to do here besides downloading the entire project over again? Reasonably, that is something I really, really, really, really want to avoid.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  2. Flamacore

Flamacore

Well out of frustration and desperation, I had to resort to completely removing the project and re-downloading it. Works fine for obvious reasons but took about 7 hours :) It's a solution where formatting your computer is a solution to not being able to rename a locked file.