Search Unity

BUG? Most recent projects not listed in order

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Brad-Newman, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Brad-Newman

Brad-Newman

Bug: projects are not listed in order of most recent in projects list.

I have a bunch of projects in my projects list, and I expect that as a open projects the list in Unity Hub will be sorted by the most recently opened projects. But it does not do this. The most recent project is listed first always, but the subsequent list of projects is in some other order, not sure what..

Repro Steps:
    - Open Unity Hub
    - Open ProjectA.
    - Close ProjectA.
    - Open Unity Hub.
    - Observe that ProjectA is at the top of the list.
    - Open ProjectB.
    - Close ProjectB.
    - Open Unity Hub.
    - Observe that ProjectB is at the top of the list.
    -BUG: Observe that ProjectA is NOT listed immediately below ProjectB.
    -EXPECTED: ProjectA is listed first, followed by ProjectB second.

2. Baste

Baste

I think there's about 30 threads here with the exact same issue, and all of them have the devs saying "it will be fixed in the next version".

3. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hello,

This should be fixed in 0.14. The projects should now be sorted by last opened date. Please let us know if the sorting still looks off.

Best,

4. Baste

Baste

Still looks off. Just checked that I'm on 0.14, and opening a different project swapped it's index with the last opened project's index. So if I open project number 6 in the list of projects, project 1 and 6 swaps places.

I also have to close the hub and open it again for the indexes to change. Since the hub minimizes to the tray on opening a project*, I have to go there, right click, and select exit to get the change updated.

*I am not fond of programs doing this. I prefer to decide for myself if a window is maximized or not. It's also very uncomfortable to have software look like it closes, but then actually hang out in the background! At least make this an option.

5. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Hi Baste,

Regarding the sorting, we made a mistake, and we will send a fix for that on Monday. The tray menu should be sorted as expected, but the recent project is not. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

Regarding the closing the hub or not, we received many contradicting comments. I believe your suggestion for an option is a good idea, and I will share it with the product team.

Thanks again for helping us to improve.