Search Unity

[Bug] Local Cache Server does not start when Unity (2017.4.1f1) is started through Unity Hub

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by jashan, Apr 23, 2018.

1. jashan

jashan

Long subject, sorry, and that's about it: I just spent about an hour trying to figure this one out but I'm pretty sure now that it's Unity Hub that is causing the issue:

When I open my project in Unity 2017.4.1f1 via Unity Hub, after Unity (finally) has started up, I'm getting a warning "Cannot connect to Cache Server". When re-importing anything, I get socket errors.

When I directly open Unity 2017.4.1f1, and then open the project, this problem does not occur.

Now, after killing node.exe via Task Manager and re-starting Unity through Unity Hub, it looks like this time, it's working. So, I'm not as sure as I'd like to be - but I can't do another full reboot again just to be totally sure.

Is this forum the best place to post bug-report like that? Or would filing a regular bug report be preferable?

2. jashan

jashan

A little follow-up after a few more days working with Unity / Unity Hub: It seems that this does not always happen when starting Unity through the Unity Hub, so it's apparently a sporadic issue. But I believe it never happens when starting Unity directly. It just did happen to me after starting Windows, then starting Unity Hub, then starting Unity 2017.4.1f1 with my project from there. Got the error message, closed Unity, started directly, worked.

3. mrbenn

mrbenn

I'm getting the same issue here. Cache server seems unreliable using Unity Hub and Unity 2017.4.3f1