Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Bug] InvalidProgramException: Invalid IL Code

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by MaskedMouse, Sep 27, 2019.

1. MaskedMouse

MaskedMouse

I'm having a problem where I am using an AssetReference but cannot call LoadAssetAsync due to it throwing an InvalidProgramException. Not really sure why it happens, so I made a bugreport with the project attached.

Case ID: 1187326

Basically what I've done is make a bootstrapper that grabs all monobehaviours that implement interface 'IBootstrap' then call InitBootstrap() which then the first bootstrap fails as it tries to load an addressable using a public serialized AssetReference.

Seems like the issue returned.
    Getting Invalid ILCode with awaiting addressables when using an async plugin.

Async-Await plugin:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/integration/async-await-support-101056

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  2. MaskedMouse

MaskedMouse

Seems like after updating to Unity 2019.2.7 the issue got worse. 2019.2.6 I could use the string based version but now I can't even do that.

InvalidProgramException: Invalid IL code in BootstrapLoader/<Bootstrap>d__2:MoveNext (): IL_0093: call      0x0a00003d

This error is getting weirder and weirder.
    After some fiddling around... resetting code to what it was (Error existed there as well). Suddenly the error is gone and I can use it in the editor again...

After all the trouble I just went and created a new Unity project to do a sanity check. Things were just working as supposed to. Even with the plugin I mentioned at the start. So something internally is going wrong badly. Maybe thats due to the fact we upgraded from 0.6.8 to 1.2.4. But I've deleted the addressable assets data and recreated a few of the bundles. And they just work now. So something was just corrupted somewhere. I'm going to recreate all bundles in the process to get back to the point it was.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019