Search Unity

bug? incorrect splash screen on iOS8 iPhone 5 with 4.5.4p1 / Xcode 6.0.1

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Mishaps, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Mishaps

Mishaps

splash screen displayed on my iPhone 5 when the game runs is from Player Settings "iPhone 3.5" /Retina". This is incorrect, as in previous versions, it should be using the one from "iPhone 4" /Retina".

lawpower likes this.
  2. PixelEnvision

PixelEnvision

I've noticed the same thing last night but to me it seems to be caused by either Xcode or iOS8. Tried few things but not resolved yet. On another note having 4 retina image properly enables full screen on iPhone5 as expected, just the launch image is wrong.

3. akasurreal

akasurreal

May be related to this, but I am seeing iPhone 6 showing the proper launch image and then switching to the wrong one after a second?

4. lawpower

lawpower

Same issue here. Been trying to figure it out for a while tonight with no luck. I can see the proper "Retina 4" image in Xcode but it still stretches the 3.5" launch screen.

(edit: Just confirmed this morning with Xcode 5.1.1 and the same build works fine using the real 4" image)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  5. Mishaps

Mishaps

Guess they will fix this in the next patch. In the meantime I'm just squashing the 4 inch one into the 3.5 inch one with photoshop. More players on 4" screens...

6. Smilediver

Smilediver

There's one known Xcode 5.1.1 bug (probably affects all 5.x series): when opening project from Xcode 6 with new splash screens set (ie the one that 4.5.4p1 generates) it will incorrectly assign iPhone 6's splash to iPhone 4. So you need to either fix that manually in Xcode, or use Xcode 6.

If you are running into other issues, then please submit a bug report and post the case number here.

7. PixelEnvision

PixelEnvision

@Smilediver

I think it's either related to Xcode 6.0.1 (Setting it wrong) or iOS 8 (picking up the wrong image), as I've removed unity generated stuff and tried to replace my own set of images it still didn't worked...

8. akasurreal

akasurreal

The issue I am having isn't exactly the same as mentioned here, but I think is related. I submitted bug with repro project. Case 635047

9. Imawizrd

Imawizrd

Hi guys, I just wanted to say I am experiencing the same problem.

I think it's iOS 8 related. When I run a build using an iOS 8 simulator the splash screen is wrong but if I then run a build using an iOS 7.1 simulator build it looks fine. Both builds were made using Xcode 6.

10. Afroman

Afroman

Yup Im having this issue to with the iPhone 5s/iOS 8 in Xcode 6.0.1. This isn't an issue in Xcode 5.

11. Imawizrd

Imawizrd

It may not be an issue in Xcode 5 because you can't build iOS 8 builds.

12. Afroman

Afroman

Yes that's true, forgot about that. Anybody found a solution? It's a frustrating bug.

13. ezonecom

ezonecom

Same thing happening here: building with Xcode 6.0.1 the iPhone 6 plus shows the proper launch image and then switches to the wrong one after a second.

14. PixelEnvision

PixelEnvision

15. Afroman

Afroman

16. ezonecom

ezonecom

I don't think that fixes the splash screen on iPhone 6 plus - looks like it just uses the iPhone 4" Retina image.

Here's a video capture on an iPhone 6 plus showing the problem:

It actually shows two splash screens - The Unity one first, then the Ezone.com one. The Unity one is the iPhone 5.5"/Retina (so it is showing that one correctly first), and the Ezone.com one is the iPhone 4"/Retina which incorrectly gets shown.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  17. Mishaps

Mishaps

you guys should add a link to wherever we report bugs every time you say this. More likely to get more ppl reporting them and such.

Imawizrd likes this.
  18. Afroman

Afroman

Good looking out! I solved the issue, take a look: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/ios8-xcode6-compatibility.249533/page-3#post-1786253

Imawizrd likes this.
  19. Imawizrd

Imawizrd