Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug in Unity bug reporter

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by liortal, Oct 8, 2018.

1. liortal

liortal

NOTE: Might be off topic, but this happened to me while trying to report 2018.3 bugs.

Sounds kinda funny but i think there's a bug in the bug reporter tool. where do i report it? is there a bug reporting tool for the bug reporting tool ?? :)

Seriously, though:
    The bug reporter does not seem to handle disconnection cases so well.
    It had already happened to me a few times before, where i would start uploading a bug report (including a repro project), but since i totally forgot about it, i closed my laptop's lid and so the upload was halted.

When i opened my laptop again after some time, the upload seemed to be stuck, so i hit "cancel", but after that the entire bug reporter UI is still disabled and i cannot re-upload the bug report.

This is super annoying as basically all the info i put in (which sometimes takes a bit time!) was lost and i have to do it all over again. sometimes i just don't have the willpower to do it so i just avoid doing the report again :(

Did anyone else face such an issue while reporting bugs? is there any solution?

LeonhardP and optimise like this.
  2. optimise

optimise

Ya. U have to submit bug report in one shot and no resume upload which is really suck. Sometimes when u submit quite large bug report and ur network suddenly going suck, your upload will fail.