Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug in new Runtime NavMesh Generation found Unity 5.6.1f1 personal

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by mburrows, Jul 7, 2017.

1. mburrows

mburrows

Hi I have a Tile Based Random Level Generator and work with the new "NavMeshSurface" Script from GitHub.
    It workes like a charm, so far, and absolutely as expected.
    Nevertheless i have had a case, where it produces an incorrect result, right next to the yellow Charakter.

Attached Files:

2. Jakob_Unity

Jakob_Unity

A couple of things to check:
    • Maybe the navmesh is there - but dips under the renderer geometry - (temporarily disable the rendered mesh to check)
    • If the NavMeshSurface configured to build within a volume - make sure the volume includes all of the floor.

3. mburrows

mburrows

Hi, thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunatly i do not have the Random Seed to reproduce the result quickly.
    But Both mentioned things are the case:
    - The render Geometry is just simple Cubes with absolutely Flat surface, all at the same height.

- The Surface is is configured to build within a volume, but it includes the whole area, and the wrong part is inside of this volume.

When i look close, i can see that in the "Box" just below the yellow player two vertices should be connected, but they arent, so it results into this cut out triangle of the mesh. So somehow i guess the specified triangle is somehow missed by the Meshbuilder, although all vertices should be at the same y-height. - Thats why i thought it might be a bug.

It is the first encounter of a thing like this, and i have generated maybe a hundred Levels, without any problem with nav-mesh.

4. Jakob_Unity

Jakob_Unity

Sounds like a bug then, please submit a reproducible project/scene (when you find a "bad" seed) - post the case # here - and we'll have a look.

5. adriant

adriant

Unity Technologies

This problem has been fixed in Unity 2017.3.0b7, 2017.2.0p1 , 2017.1.2p2 and 5.6.4p2 .