Search Unity

[Bug] Hub looses sight of installed versions when changing install location.

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Estecka, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Estecka

Estecka

I had Hub install a version of 2017.4 into one folder. Because this location seemt to be potentially troublesome, I decided to change the install location before trying to install 2018.2

As soon as I pressed "done" after changing the the install path, 2017.4 disappeared from the "On my machine" listing and was back into the "Official release" list, ready to be installed once again.

If I revert the install path to the old location, Hub finds 2017 back again, but then it's 2018 (installed in the new location) that disappears.

2. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Hi there,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    As you realized, we are supporting only one extra custom location, and by changing that, the hub will not scan the previous/history location(s).

In your scenario, I can suggest two workarounds:
    1. Move all the subfolder in one of the hub installation locations to the other one and keep using that location, or
    2. Manually locate the editors in one of the hub installation locations, and keep using the other one.

Sorry again that I have not a perfect solution (like multiple locations for the hub) at this time.