Search Unity

[Bug] "Go to account" after sign-in redirects me to a random language's portal (instead of english)

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by MechEthan, Apr 26, 2018.

1. MechEthan

MechEthan

Unity Hub 0.16.0

"Go to account" after sign-in redirects me to a random language's portal (instead of english)
    1. Signed into Hub app via upper-right dropdown.
    2. The sign in succeeded, and it resolved my username correctly in the drop-down menu.
    3. Clicked "Go to account" and after the first redirect, it sent me here: https://id.unity.com/fr/conversations/b6d6ccdc-bc8c-45ee-945a-27f846b4929c019f and asked me to log in to the french portal.
    4. The second try directed me to the expected English portal.
    5. Sign-out of portal in browser, go back to Hub, click "Go to account" again
    6. Sometimes I get another random language, like german, chinese, and japanese, sometimes I get english.
    7. Repeat step 5 over and over to repro.

Also, if I repeatedly copy-paste that link into a firefox private browsing window, and click the blue button, (copy paste again, click again) it starts redirecting me to other random languages,each time I copy-paste-click. (Maybe its not a Hub bug, then?)

Pretty strange! It repros on both Safari and Firefox on MacOS 10.12.6.

twhittaker likes this.
  2. jdownes

jdownes

I can confirm this is happening to me also. Clicking the language selector at the bottom of the page and selecting English fixes it, but it should still bring me to correct language based on the preferred language selected on my account, or even my IP address.