Search Unity

[BUG] - Getting spammed from input system errors

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Jichaels, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Jichaels

Jichaels

Hello,

I'm getting spammed by a bunch of errors using URP / New input system / New XR package.
    It's been a while, but it's starting to get very annoying since there is so much Debug.Log that it almost freeze my editor...

First error, only happens when I enter/leave playmode it seems, is :

Code (CSharp):
    1. Usage entry is empty
    2. UnityEngine.InputSystem.LowLevel.<>c__DisplayClass7_0:<set_onUpdate>b__0(NativeInputUpdateType, NativeInputEventBuffer*)
    3. UnityEngineInternal.Input.NativeInputSystem:NotifyUpdate(NativeInputUpdateType, IntPtr)
    And the one that are getting SPAMMED on play mode (there is a pattern of 5 errors in order) :

1 :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Map index out of range
    2. UnityEngine.InputSystem.LowLevel.<>c__DisplayClass7_0:<set_onUpdate>b__0(NativeInputUpdateType, NativeInputEventBuffer*)
    3. UnityEngineInternal.Input.NativeInputSystem:NotifyUpdate(NativeInputUpdateType, IntPtr)
    2 :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Control index out of range
    3 :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Binding index out of range
    4 :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Exception 'NullReferenceException' thrown from state change monitor 'InputActionState' on 'Vector2:/OculusTouchControllerRight/thumbstick'
    5 :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. UnityEngine.InputSystem.InputActionState+BindingState.get_actionIndex () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.inputsystem@1.0.0-preview.3/InputSystem/Actions/InputActionState.cs:2296)
    3. UnityEngine.InputSystem.InputActionState.ProcessControlStateChange (System.Int32 mapIndex, System.Int32 controlIndex, System.Int32 bindingIndex, System.Double time, UnityEngine.InputSystem.LowLevel.InputEventPtr eventPtr) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.inputsystem@1.0.0-preview.3/InputSystem/Actions/InputActionState.cs:834)
    4. UnityEngine.InputSystem.InputActionState.UnityEngine.InputSystem.LowLevel.IInputStateChangeMonitor.NotifyControlStateChanged (UnityEngine.InputSystem.InputControl control, System.Double time, UnityEngine.InputSystem.LowLevel.InputEventPtr eventPtr, System.Int64 mapControlAndBindingIndex) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.inputsystem@1.0.0-preview.3/InputSystem/Actions/InputActionState.cs:779)
    5. UnityEngine.InputSystem.InputManager.FireStateChangeNotifications (System.Int32 deviceIndex, System.Double internalTime, UnityEngine.InputSystem.LowLevel.InputEvent* eventPtr) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.inputsystem@1.0.0-preview.3/InputSystem/InputManager.cs:2769)
    6. UnityEngine.InputSystem.LowLevel.<>c__DisplayClass7_0:<set_onUpdate>b__0(NativeInputUpdateType, NativeInputEventBuffer*)
    7. UnityEngineInternal.Input.NativeInputSystem:NotifyUpdate(NativeInputUpdateType, IntPtr)

On error 4, it triggers on almost every XR action set in my input asset, ANd action that are used in the TrackedPoseDriver (new input system).

Everything still works, but that amount of error just clugs the editor and make everything ultra slow.

Anyone experienced this aswell ?

@Rene-Damm If you have any clue, that would be really cool

Aldeminor and ROBYER1 like this.
  2. Rene-Damm

Rene-Damm

@Jichaels Could you file a bug with the Unity bug reporter? Would like to take a look at this in action. Sounds like something is getting quite screwed up there.

3. Jichaels

Jichaels

ROBYER1 likes this.
  4. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Same issue here, its unusable for XR because of this

5. Extrys

Extrys

Same here upload_2020-2-27_23-20-36.png

Just create some Actions in a MonoBehaviour and just enabling them
    they will give those errors on reloading scene in runtime, also Disposing doesnt works

6. tatelax

tatelax

Still happening when I have a PlayerInput component on a GameObject in my scene. I can't exactly upload our entire game to the Unity bug reporter but I can show screenshots.

I'm using the Rebind Action UI script from the Input System samples. I think the issue might be that it does not work with PlayerInput.cs

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  7. AshishNikhil

AshishNikhil

Could you please help me out for

NullReferenceException while executing 'performed' callbacks of 'Player/Attack[/Gamepad/rightShoulder]'
    UnityEngine.InputSystem.LowLevel.<>c__DisplayClass7_0:<set_onUpdate>b__0(NativeInputUpdateType, NativeInputEventBuffer*)
    UnityEngineInternal.Input.NativeInputSystem:NotifyUpdate(NativeInputUpdateType, IntPtr)

8. RazT

RazT

Same here with the issue using Valv eIndex controllers. get similar errors

9. paradizIsCool

paradizIsCool

10. iconomy

iconomy

Hi, did you fid a fix for this?

11. paradizIsCool

paradizIsCool

Still not fixed on our side, unity closes my bug with unable to reproduce.
    I'm not able to reproduce either, but it still happens on very few devices with a very low probability.

12. Azazello2020

Azazello2020

repeats after pressing again

(UnityEngine.InputSystem.LowLevel.InputUpdateType,UnityEngine.InputSystem.LowLevel.InputEventBuffer&) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.inputsystem@1.3.0/InputSystem/InputManager.cs:3363)
    UnityEngine.InputSystem.LowLevel.NativeInputRuntime/<>c__DisplayClass7_0:<set_onUpdate>b__0 (UnityEngineInternal.Input.NativeInputUpdateType,UnityEngineInternal.Input.NativeInputEventBuffer*) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.inputsystem@1.3.0/InputSystem/NativeInputRuntime.cs:65)
    UnityEngineInternal.Input.NativeInputSystem:NotifyUpdate (UnityEngineInternal.Input.NativeInputUpdateType,intptr)

13. Wolfos

Wolfos

I also got a whole bunch of these. Seems to be fixed after checking "generate C# class", then apply, and then reverting that same process.
    I think it was related to me deleting an action.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
  14. kenzen0

kenzen0

What are you doing?
    It has been two years already, why have you not replied?
    Please tell me what is going on with this problem!!!!

paradizIsCool likes this.
  15. keerthikamath

keerthikamath

16. skGameDevv

skGameDevv

Happened to me
    Idk how to stop it
    this is so unprofessional from unity. its been over 2 years

Aldeminor likes this.
  17. michaeljeffersonlee

michaeljeffersonlee

This issue is still not addressed :mad:

Aldeminor and TriCenaTop like this.
  18. handfoamsanitiser

handfoamsanitiser

I was getting input system errors when I loaded another scene, and it took me several months to figure out how to prevent them.

Basically, when you subscribe functions to an input action like this, it gives you errors when you reload the scene:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. _playerInputActions.Player.Enable();
    2. _playerInputActions.Player.Jump.performed += Jump;
    To fix this, you have to unsubscribe from the actions and disable the input in the OnDestroy function:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. void OnDestroy()
    2. {
    3.     _playerInputActions.Player.Jump.performed -= Jump;
    4.     _playerInputActions.Player.Disable();
    5. }

Last edited: Aug 2, 2023
  19. bugfinders

bugfinders

L
    to be honest I thought it was well documented as it's something ive seen on all the new input info ive seen.