Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2020 LTS & Unity 2021.1 have been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback [Bug] Exposing gradient is changing shader pink

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by URocks, Oct 2, 2019.

1. URocks

URocks

I am using universal render pipeline with shader graph 7.1.2, and I saw some gradient bugs were already fixed, but what is not fixes is when I want to expose gradient to be visible in editor and when I add default one with some color, I get errors and my shader turns pink.

Exposing gradient but not assigning default one, make my shader to compile without error but I don't see gradient inside editor anyway so I can't change it...

2. LandonTownsend

LandonTownsend

Unity Technologies

Right now, gradient properties have no way to be exposed for a material; the purpose of a gradient property in shadergraph is so that you can use the same gradient multiple times and change it in the blackboard when you need to change all instances of the gradient.

I couldn't reproduce the bug with the shader failing to compile, would you mind posting the shadergraph file or a screenshot of the shadergraph, along with any errors that print to the console?

3. URocks

URocks

Just add new gradient to blackboard, inside default value create new gradient with at least 3 hadles(3 colors), save the shader, you will get error

4. LandonTownsend

LandonTownsend

Unity Technologies

upload_2019-10-2_11-12-1.png
    It might be the version of Unity, what version are you using? I have attempted to reproduce this in version 2019.3.0b4, no luck so far. I've tried 3 and 5 handles and I've tried plugging it into both a PBR master node and Unlit master node.

5. URocks

URocks

I am using 2019.3.0b5 on windows

6. URocks

URocks

And I think it might have something to do with this:

From shader graph Changelog:
    [7.0.1] - 2019-07-25
    Fixed an error that previously occurred when you used the Gradient Sample node and your system locale uses commas instead of periods.

Because before this fix I had same problems of gradient even inside shader graph not only in blackboard, but now it is just blackboard

7. LandonTownsend

LandonTownsend

Unity Technologies

I've reproduced the bug, I'm reopening the bug case. It was indeed caused by Windows locales, like you suggested.

URocks likes this.
  8. URocks

URocks

Thanks a lot!

unityunity