Search Unity

Feedback (Bug) Editor uses wrong font in some areas when "Editor Font" set to "Verdana"

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ninjapretzel, Jan 31, 2020.

1. ninjapretzel

ninjapretzel

As it says on the tin. Some things in inspector OnGUI rendering seem to set the wrong font, which may stay for a while before something else sets it back. I will keep my eyes open for more locations that use the wrong font, and report them here.

I was pretty dismayed when I saw that the 2019.3.0 Unity editor loaded up with a smooth font that started causing my eyes to hurt, and quickly went looking for an option to use a font that would cause less eye-strain.
    I appreciate the availability of having a font that doesn't hurt my eyes, but sometimes the eyebleed causing smooth font is used instead.

Here is an example, there are a few locations in the screenshot that obviously display with the smooth font.
    Culprits seem to be the Shader field, the TerrainLayer[] field, and another array field of an object type decorated with [System.Serializable]. Oddly, the GameObject and enum fields within that object display with the correct font, but the float and Color fields don't, despite displaying properly elsewhere
    WrongFonts.png

While it works in most places, it would be good to properly display all editor features in the clear font instead of the blurry font if the clear font is selected.
    I understand that most people probably don't care about this, but for those of us that prefer text that is clear rather than blurry to reduce eye strain, this is an important change.

Thanks.

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    Could you please file a bug report?

3. ninjapretzel

ninjapretzel

Filed a bug report.
    I was able to narrow it down to changed fields of prefabs being rendered with the default font. It is odd that some of the items in the 'changed' array are not displaying as changed