Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Bug] .collabignore not working in v2.0.0-preview.17

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Rafarel, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Rafarel

Rafarel

I have a simple empty folder to exclude from my commit, I tried everything I thought oabout in .collabignre file but nothing worked ...

I want to exclude the empty folder Assets/Plugins/Editor and I tried all these syntaxes:

Code (text):
    1. [Aa]ssets/Plugins/Editor/
    2. [Aa]ssets/Plugins/Editor*
    3. [Aa]ssets/Plugins/Editor
    4. [Aa]ssets/Plugins/Editor.meta
    But the folder with the plus sign is still there in the Collab window even after a rescan between all syntax attempts.

collabignore-rules.png

What did I do wrong?

Thanks!

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Your first line, "[Aa]ssets/Plugins/Editor/", should have worked just fine for ignoring the folder and anything that's inside it. The second line would ignore any folder in Assets/Plugins/ that begins with Editor, like EditorPlus or EditorInternal, etc. The third line would just ignore the folder but allow anything inside of the folder, which would just commit the folder anyway. The fourth line is bad practice, you should never ignore just a .meta file because they're vital for source control to work properly. Collab will never ask you to specify ignoring just a .meta file. Those will be ignored along with the assets that you specify in the ignore file.

We're currently looking into a possible bug where Collab v2.0 might not be respecting all ignore rules. I'll update you here after we've confirmed that and opened up a bug.

3. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

It turned out that there is a bug with Collab v2.0 not respecting the .collabignore file. I opened up a bug for this, which you can track in https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/product/unity/issues/guid/1172220/ (give the link an hour or so for the webpage to become live). Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we'll look to fix this very soon.

4. Rafarel

Rafarel

Great news ! It's a good thing to find a bug !
    Have a nice day :)

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  5. spryx

spryx

Ugh.. just now found this... what a nasty bug. I was going nuts trying to figure out why Unity was trying to commit 'test.exe' and a zillion other assemblies.

Needless to say, i'm back on Collab 1 :)