Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

(bug) Collab Is Failing To Register My Changes

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by hippocoder, Apr 9, 2019.

1. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

For the past week or so including today, collab doesn't register code changes I make. I have to either close and reopen unity or go to services, turn off collab and renable it.

Any advice?

This is with 2019.1 RC1 + latest verified for 2019.1 package for collab (at time of writing this is 1.2.16)

Annoyingly, collab button knows I have something to give with it's cheerful up arrow but the panel that appears does not agree:

upload_2019-4-9_23-18-10.png

I'll be honest each time this happens I think about changing version control because these niggles are affecting my actual business. I don't mean to come across with pressure but versioning is really important, particularly working versioning.

2. StaceyH

StaceyH

Administrator

It's very strange that this happened a week ago with the older version of Collab.

Did you change anything within your project before you saw this? For example, upgrade Unity versions, grow your project to a certain size, etc?)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    hippocoder likes this.
  3. GDevTeam

GDevTeam

For now I've seen someone said just save, close Unity, and restart Unity. Hopefully it's not a long load time. ;-/

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

No, same old. But Unity crashes a lot and sometimes will actually change files when the user does not, for example generating a default prefab.

The crashes are currently from Unity's HDRP not my own code, but I can't help it if Unity decides to change the project because of the crash (which it will do with prefabs sometimes).

It's still happening now, so I just go to the services window, turn off collab, turn it back on, wait through the hold on... (I also tried another project with 2.0 so I could upgrade to that if you think it will fix things).

I even archived my entire project on collab, made a new project, deleted all library folders etc and made a brand new collab to link to.

Still happened, odd huh?

5. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hey @hippocoder! You might be on to something with those crashes changing those files in unexpected ways. It'd be odd if those changes were preventing Collab from picking up changes properly but it's worth trying to repro on our end too. Do you happen to have a small repro project where these crashes seem to keep happening the most often? If not, then would you be willing to let us make a copy of your project to test with?

6. BigKnockDown

BigKnockDown

This is happening with my project too, first this appeared when i upgraded my project from 2018.3.2 to Unity 2019.1.1.
    After I tried to upgrade to 2019.1.8f1 but still getting the same issue.Never faced any issue with the same project in any version of Unity 2018 version series.

7. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @BigKnockDown, thanks for letting us know that you're running into this too. Could you tell me which version of Collaborate you're using? (You can check in the Package Manager)

If you don't have any outstanding local changes on your machine then can you try closing Unity, going into your project's Library/Collab folder, deleting the CollabSnapshot file and reopening your project to see if the Collab Toolbar properly syncs again?