Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[BUG] Checking For Changes with Collab 2.0.0 preview 17

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Arokma, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Arokma

Arokma

Hi,
    I just ran into a very weird issue.
    After opening a Unity 2019.1.14f1 project, running with Collab 2.0.0 preview 17 for a few months, I had the usual checkmark (even if it was not up-to-date). After clicking on it to scan the project, the collab logo disappeared and the "Checking For Changes" loading bar appeared.

I then checked the project Packages Manifest and it was written
    "com.unity.collab-proxy": "2.0.0-preview.17"

After the end of the loading, the logo was still absent, whereas the Packages window and the Services window were both showing the use of Collaborate.

I tried restarting Unity and get back to normal only by removing and reinstalling the package.

So everything is working now but maybe it can help you identify an issue.

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Arokma, that is a bizarre bug. Probably a dumb question but I just want to be sure, have you restarted Unity at least once since you updated the Collab package to 2.0.0 preview.17 in those few months since you started using it? When the logo was missing, could you still open the Collab Toolbar and did it show you the correct number of pending changes after the check finished? Has that check for changes appeared at any other point since then?

3. Arokma

Arokma

I am working on this project on an every day basis so yeah, had to close and open Unity a few times x)
    Sorry for using the wrong vocabulary, I meant by "Logo" the entire toolbar so no possibilities to see any info about the pending changes.

It didn't happen since then, even with a few Unity restarts and a connection from another team member. (Who however got the bug "A file is missing" and was not able to pull the project, had to delete it entirely because the Editor.Log did not show what file was missing, don't know if it is linked)

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

If the entire Collab Toolbar button disappeared then it sounds like, for whatever reason, that the Package Manager unloaded Collab. I'm not sure why that could have happened but thank you for telling us about this. If you notice it happening again then please let us know.

5. Arokma

Arokma

Weird enough for it showed the collab package in the manifest.
    Sorry for not being able to provide more precisions.
    I will.

Ryan-Unity likes this.