Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Let us know a bit about your interests, and if you'd like to become more directly involved. Take our survey!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

BUG: Can't create new project from Hub

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by De-Panther, Jun 6, 2018.

1. De-Panther

De-Panther

So I tried to create a new project using the hub,
    I set Project name, selected Unity Version, and set the location...
    THEN - "You are currently not connected to a network. Some options will be unavailable."
    And it reset all the input I entered.
    AGAIN... I set Project name, selected Unity Version, and set the location...
    THEN - "You are currently not connected to a network. Some options will be unavailable."
    And it reset all the input I entered.
    After 10 times I gave up :(

upload_2018-6-6_15-33-7.png

2. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Sorry to hear you encountered issues creating projects. Could you send me the Hub logs via direct message? They can be found at the path below:

%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub\logs

We'll investigate the issue and get back to you. Thanks for posting.

Best,

3. De-Panther

De-Panther

I'll check the logs, but the main issue is that the "not connected" message resets the form.
    Even if I had connectivity problems, I don't think that it should reset forms...

4. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Well, there seems to be an issue with your specific scenario. Normally the Hub doesn't require you to be online to create a project. In your case it seems to be stuck in a loop and actually fails to pre-fill fields like project path, which is why I thought I'd have a look at your logs to try and find the source of the issue.

5. De-Panther

De-Panther

The empty project path is just me hiding the path :)

My issue wasn't that the hub requires me to be online. The issue is that when this message appear, it resets the form, so I need to fill it again, but before I finish, the message pops again and resets it.
    So it's more like the hub acts like a troll :p

And I forgot to check the logs today at the office, so we'll have to wait for next week.
    Thanks

AbrahamDUnity likes this.
  6. BatAttack

BatAttack

I am also having this problem.

Unity Hub signs in for about 2 seconds.. then signs out... signs in... signs out... (forever, no apparent way to stop it)

Every time it signs out, the New Project dialog window gets reset, so it's impossible to make a new project.
    Not only the textfields and dropdowns get reset, but it's usually too quick for the Make Project button to respond.

EDIT:

I found a temporary workaround.
    When it logs in, I have a 2 second window to explicitly log MYSELF out.
    If I'm able to do this, the orange message bar keeps appearing, but it stops resetting the form.
    This makes it possible to make a new Project.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018