Search Unity

BUG: Can't create new project from Hub

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by De-Panther, Jun 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. De-Panther

De-Panther

So I tried to create a new project using the hub,
    I set Project name, selected Unity Version, and set the location...
    THEN - "You are currently not connected to a network. Some options will be unavailable."
    And it reset all the input I entered.
    AGAIN... I set Project name, selected Unity Version, and set the location...
    THEN - "You are currently not connected to a network. Some options will be unavailable."
    And it reset all the input I entered.
    After 10 times I gave up :(

upload_2018-6-6_15-33-7.png

2. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Sorry to hear you encountered issues creating projects. Could you send me the Hub logs via direct message? They can be found at the path below:

%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub\logs

We'll investigate the issue and get back to you. Thanks for posting.

Best,

Grimallkin likes this.
  3. De-Panther

De-Panther

I'll check the logs, but the main issue is that the "not connected" message resets the form.
    Even if I had connectivity problems, I don't think that it should reset forms...

4. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Well, there seems to be an issue with your specific scenario. Normally the Hub doesn't require you to be online to create a project. In your case it seems to be stuck in a loop and actually fails to pre-fill fields like project path, which is why I thought I'd have a look at your logs to try and find the source of the issue.

5. De-Panther

De-Panther

The empty project path is just me hiding the path :)

My issue wasn't that the hub requires me to be online. The issue is that when this message appear, it resets the form, so I need to fill it again, but before I finish, the message pops again and resets it.
    So it's more like the hub acts like a troll :p

And I forgot to check the logs today at the office, so we'll have to wait for next week.
    Thanks

AbrahamDUnity likes this.
  6. BatAttack

BatAttack

I am also having this problem.

Unity Hub signs in for about 2 seconds.. then signs out... signs in... signs out... (forever, no apparent way to stop it)

Every time it signs out, the New Project dialog window gets reset, so it's impossible to make a new project.
    Not only the textfields and dropdowns get reset, but it's usually too quick for the Make Project button to respond.

EDIT:

I found a temporary workaround.
    When it logs in, I have a 2 second window to explicitly log MYSELF out.
    If I'm able to do this, the orange message bar keeps appearing, but it stops resetting the form.
    This makes it possible to make a new Project.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  7. HardcoreGR

HardcoreGR

"You are currently not connected to a network. Some options will be unavailable".

I have just upgraded to Unity and Unity Hub. I tried the stable and the beta version. All the same issues!

What is this? Fix it asap. We can't connect to Unity cloud and develop our game!

Check the .zip with the logs as well.

We want an update about that bug. It's been for months now!

8. HardcoreGR

HardcoreGR

Over 24 hours have passed and no response. What exactly are you doing?

9. ricky-undeadcoders

ricky-undeadcoders

I'm a new Unity user, and I've run into this issue on two computers as well. When I sign out I can create a new project, but when I'm signed in the form clears each time before I have the chance to finish filling it out.

It looks like there's a recurring 404 error, which maybe has to do with trying to authenticate my Unity license, but I'm not 100% sure how to fix that. I'm attaching my log from today. Are you able to point me in the direction of how to fix this?

P.S. It won't let me upload log files... something about spam-like material.
    install-log.json and info-log.json are what I'm trying to upload, is there another way I can send those over to you?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  10. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi @ricky-undeadcoders,

Could you send us a bug report through the Hub's Bug Reporter? It will attach the logs automatically to your issue. You can launch it using the Hub tray icon's "Report a bug" option.

Thanks,

11. yoyo696

yoyo696

Hi, I am facing a similar problem but not having a solution.
    I wish somebody can help me after I downloaded unity hub and unity 2019
    But I already had unity 2017 installed so when I create 2017 project it is created successfully
    But when I create a 2019 project it just does not show progress nor anything else
    I posted this bug on several sites but no answer I think The best way is to delete 2017 version but how??
    And will it work?? (I don't think so)...
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

12. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

@yoyo696 Could you report a bug through the Hub?

13. yoyo696

yoyo696

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  14. joeksy

joeksy

Unity Technologies

Hi @yoyo696 ,
    To help your case, I would like to suggest trying with the commandline.
    with the Editor:
    <editorpath>/Unity.app/Contents/MacOS/Unity -createProject <pathname>
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/CommandLineArguments.html

And I would like to ask for the reason, as it would help us narrow down the potential issue.
    If it fails even with commandline, I would suggest to uninstall the editor and reinstall it.

hope this helps,

Joe

15. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

@yoyo696 The fogbugz case you linked has no logs attached. Did you submit it through the Hub's bug reporter? It really helps when we have access to basic log information when troubleshooting such issues. Do you have a link to a case that has logs?

Best,

16. yoyo696

yoyo696

Hi @joeksy I searched for the file you gave me and run the commandfile and what appears is 2017 interface Project now that works well.

Note: I do not know how to make the command line you wrote to work but I followed the path .

Another question how to launch unity 2019 it does not appear in the applications folder why (Maybe there should be only one instance of a unity application)

Is there another way to launch unity 2019.

After reinstalling unity hub I created a new project but what appears again the icon of unity in the dock for one millisecond (which means the application is running and closing simultaneously)

17. yoyo696

yoyo696

Hey @AbrahamDUnity I found the logs but where is a good place to attach the files.

18. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi again,

You can send them to me or @joeksy via direct message and we will attach them to the bug you mentioned above. Alternatively, any bug reported through the Hub's bug reporter will automatically create a Fogbugz ticket with all relevant logs already attached. You can do so by clicking "Report a bug" in the Hub's tray menu options.

Cheers,

19. yoyo696

yoyo696

Hi again,

@AbrahamDUnity I have "solved" the problem not the perfect way. But I have deleted unity 2017 and reinstalled unity hub then opened unity 2019. But what is the purpose of unity hub if it doesn't work?
    Sorry for talking a lot but now I have another problem MonoDevelop is not loading the project's solution.
    Even that I opened external tools and set the external script editor to open by file extension, or by APPLICATION MonoDevelop
    Both options do not load the solution. Here are some images of what errors I have.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  20. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

@yoyo696,

The Hub works as intended for most people, and when it doesn't we do our best to resolve the issue. Could you please open a new thread for this issue as it is unrelated to the OP?

Thanks,

21. fredfontes

fredfontes

2020 here and the bug persists. Just right after create a project the Unity Hub closes and the project is bugged next time I open the hub.

22. Minimiser

Minimiser

2021 here, same issue...

23. RoboGameDeveloper

RoboGameDeveloper

my unity hub is not letting me create a project, here's a snip of what it says
    upload_2021-3-14_10-54-46.png

24. ivanriga2015

ivanriga2015

HelIo! I'm from Ukraine!
    I download Unity Hub and install 2020.3.0f1. Than I create new project but project can't be created!
    And if I want to create project I have error:

Снимок.PNG
    I push Diagnose button.This be in diagnose file:

Unity Package Manager Diagnostics (v0.1.8)
    ============
    Ran 7 checks
    ============
    6 succeeded
    1 did not run
    ============
    ✅ UPM registry reachable (PASS)
    Make an HTTP request to the UPM package registry
    >> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    >> X-Powered-By: Express
    >> Provider: Genesis
    >> Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 06:14:24 GMT
    >> Connection: close

✅ Ping UPM registry (PASS)
    Measure the latency of the UPM package registry API
    >> 6 pings made in 5.384 seconds
    >> Average latency: 142.33 ms
    >> Minimum latency: 140.75 ms
    >> Maximum latency: 147.31 ms
    >> Standard deviation: 2.49

✅ Ping UPM download (PASS)
    Measure the latency of the UPM package download endpoint
    >> 5 pings made in 5.283 seconds
    >> Average latency: 36.76 ms
    >> Minimum latency: 35.74 ms
    >> Maximum latency: 39.77 ms
    >> Standard deviation: 1.70

✅ UPM registry download speed (PASS)
    Test the Internet connection using the UPM package registry
    >> Measured speed to the UPM registry: 13.14 Megabits per second

✅ Speedtest.net (PASS)
    Test the Internet connection using Speedtest.net
    >> Measured speed to the Speedtest.net server: 14.79 Megabits per second

✅ HTTP proxy environment variables (PASS)
    Detect whether proxy-related environment variables are set (HTTP_PROXY, HTTPS_PROXY, ALL_PROXY, NO_PROXY, UNITY_PROXYSERVER, UNITY_NOPROXY)
    >> No proxy support has been configured through environment variables.

❓ UPM health check (UNKNOWN)
    Start the UPM process and call its health endpoint
    >> Could not find UPM executable at path 'E:\****\2020.3.0f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\Server\UnityPackageManager.exe'

Somebody can help me?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  25. Hollow_Kn1ght

Hollow_Kn1ght

may 21st and its still happening

26. lautzy65

lautzy65

I'm experiencing the same issue.

27. Schneider21

Schneider21

Tried installing both 2021.1.16f1 and 2021.2.0b5 tonight from the Hub, and couldn't create projects with either (HDRP or URP). Already had 2020.3.15f2 and 2019.4.28f1 installed and couldn't make a new project with them, either.

Hub has been a mess lately.

Edit: I discovered the issue was likely with my machine. I had run CCleaner recently and it must've messed with my C++ redistributables, as I was missing VCRUNTIME140_1.dll, which I reinstalled. Now Unity (and the other problem applications) open fine.

Interestingly, I could open the project I've been using daily (a 2019.4.28f1 project) but couldn't create a new one in any version, nor could I open the project I created on my Mac in 2021.2.0b5 and cloned on the PC. I guess because opening a project for the first time requires some of the same setup that relies on the C++ library.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  28. QQQ_QQQ

QQQ_QQQ

Yes. That is annoying. I stopped using Unity for like 2 years and now i thought "ok i will try and hopefully the tool is much better and i won't waste a lot of time for the tool itself but i will efficiently create". Damn! What a surprise that i can not even start the New project without reading tips on the Internet.

Damn it developers! Come on!

megimix likes this.
  29. PecosBilly

PecosBilly

I was having the same issue - I would try to create a new project on my Windows PC but it would not create the project. I tried what Schneider21 recommended - It worked! I ran the install of the Microsoft C and C++ (MSVC) runtime libraries and did a 'Repair' rather than a full re-install.

30. SonicSaturn

SonicSaturn

My Unity Hub says "No editor installed. Please install Unity to continue,". What do I do? (I'm new to Unity)

31. UnityJuju

UnityJuju

Unity Technologies

@SonicSaturn Hey there, could you please create a new thread for your issue, as it's not related to this topic?

If you're still having issues, please log it as a bug using the bug reporter within the Hub.
    To do it, go to Account Settings > Troubleshooting > Report a bug

hubbugreportv3.PNG

I'll close this thread for now.
    Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.