Search Unity

1. Tune in to get all the latest Unity news live from Berlin on June 19, 6pm CEST. Set up a YouTube reminder!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.1 has arrived! Read about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Scriptable Render Pipeline improvements, Texture Mipmap Streaming, and more! Check out what we have in store for you in the 2018.2 Beta.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

BUG: Can't create new project from Hub

Discussion in 'Unity Hub Preview' started by De-Panther, Jun 6, 2018.

1. De-Panther

De-Panther

So I tried to create a new project using the hub,
    I set Project name, selected Unity Version, and set the location...
    THEN - "You are currently not connected to a network. Some options will be unavailable."
    And it reset all the input I entered.
    AGAIN... I set Project name, selected Unity Version, and set the location...
    THEN - "You are currently not connected to a network. Some options will be unavailable."
    And it reset all the input I entered.
    After 10 times I gave up :(

upload_2018-6-6_15-33-7.png

2. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Sorry to hear you encountered issues creating projects. Could you send me the Hub logs via direct message? They can be found at the path below:

%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub\logs

We'll investigate the issue and get back to you. Thanks for posting.

Best,

3. De-Panther

De-Panther

I'll check the logs, but the main issue is that the "not connected" message resets the form.
    Even if I had connectivity problems, I don't think that it should reset forms...

4. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Well, there seems to be an issue with your specific scenario. Normally the Hub doesn't require you to be online to create a project. In your case it seems to be stuck in a loop and actually fails to pre-fill fields like project path, which is why I thought I'd have a look at your logs to try and find the source of the issue.

5. De-Panther

De-Panther

The empty project path is just me hiding the path :)

My issue wasn't that the hub requires me to be online. The issue is that when this message appear, it resets the form, so I need to fill it again, but before I finish, the message pops again and resets it.
    So it's more like the hub acts like a troll :p

And I forgot to check the logs today at the office, so we'll have to wait for next week.
    Thanks

AbrahamDUnity likes this.