Search Unity

[bug] Cannot use Addressables with 2019.1b

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by johnseghersmsft, Feb 22, 2019.

1. johnseghersmsft

johnseghersmsft

When I add Addressables (0.5.3-preview) to a project in 2019.1.0b4, I get a bunch of errors along the lines:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.Addressables.Editor.dll
    2. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.addressables@0.5.3-preview\Editor\Build\DataBuilderInterfaces.cs(4,32): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'UIElements' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine.Experimental' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    3. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.addressables@0.5.3-preview\Editor\Build\DataBuilders\NodeGraph\BuildGraphGUI.cs(6,32): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'UIElements' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine.Experimental' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    4. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.addressables@0.5.3-preview\Editor\Build\DataBuilders\NodeGraph\BuildGraphGUI.cs(10,45): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ISearchWindowProvider' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    5. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.addressables@0.5.3-preview\Editor\Build\DataBuilders\NodeGraph\BuildGraphGUI.cs(39,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'GraphView' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    6. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.addressables@0.5.3-preview\Editor\Build\DataBuilders\NodeGraph\BuildGraphGUI.cs(50,29): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'VisualElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    7. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.addressables@0.5.3-preview\Editor\Build\DataBuilders\NodeGraph\BuildGraphGUI.cs(75,33): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'DragUpdatedEvent' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    8. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.addressables@0.5.3-preview\Editor\Build\DataBuilders\NodeGraph\BuildGraphGUI.cs(85,33): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'DragPerformEvent' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    9. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.addressables@0.5.3-preview\Editor\Build\DataBuilders\NodeGraph\BuildGraphGUI.cs(110,46): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'NodeCreationContext' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    UIElements moved from namespace UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements to simply UnityEngine.UIElements for 2019.

Is there a version of Addressables that (*cough*) addresses (*cough*) this? I'll try editing the package to see if a simple rename allows it to work.

2. davidnibi

davidnibi

Have the same problem after installing 2019.1.0f2 - I think it's a problem with Visual Studio components not being installed.

I have 96 fatal errors using my project with the latest version - think I'll go back to the old one. ;)

3. wirelessdreamer

wirelessdreamer

I see the same issue.

4. johnseghersmsft

johnseghersmsft

5. wirelessdreamer

wirelessdreamer

a side note, i moved from addressable 5.3 to 7.5, and it resolved the issue.