Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Feedback [Bug] Building 2 Rigs From same Prefab points to same Two Bone IK Constraint target

Discussion in 'Animation Rigging' started by URocks, Apr 24, 2020.

1. URocks

URocks

I was trying to make one creature leg as a prefab with Two Bone IK Constraint in it.
    prefab.JPG

Then I duplicate my prefab in a hierarchy, rotated yellow parent bone, and align IK target to second leg end Position
    hierarchy.JPG

Inside play mode I reparent 2 rigs directly under spider3d gameobject (because I want to move body with Rig Transform independently from IK targets) and I put both rigs to Rig builder component which sits on Spider3d as well. I made script which call rigbuilder.build() to build the rig. And the second bone target wrongly jump to the first target position
    playmode.jpg

What I found is when I change the name on second target and build the rig again, the position will works correctly
    playmodeChangedNAme.jpg
    So there is definitely some problem where the rig builder or Two Bone IK Constraint during the rig building is checking the target by name not by GUIID or something..

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020