Search Unity

Feedback [BUG] Bloom Flicker in Unity 2019.3 with URP 7.2.1 (Universal Render Pipeline)

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by guitarjorge24, Mar 4, 2020.

1. guitarjorge24

guitarjorge24

I just upgraded from LWRP to URP v7.2.1. In the settings of my URP asset, I chose "Integrated" as the Feature Set (see attached PNG). When I use URP's integrated post processing, I get a weird flicker when I use the bloom effect (see attached GIF).

However, if set the Feature Set to use "Post Processing V2", then it looks perfect and I don't have any bloom flicker (see 2nd attached GIF).

I have also attached a screenshot of my volume profile settings for each PPV2 and URP just in case it matters but as you can see my bloom settings in each of them are pretty much the same (Except I had to turn down the intensity in URP because for some reason bloom is much brighter with URP than with PPV2). I tried turning on High Quality Filtering in URP's profile but that didn't help with the flickering.

Does anyone know the cause of flickering? Is this a known bug in URP's integrated post processing? If someone here has access to the yet-to-be-released URP 8.0.0 for Unity 2020.1, can you see if the flicker bug still exists there?

For reference, I have Unity 2019.3.1 on Windows. The glow effect I'm using bloom for is created with Elringus Sprite Glow shader that creates an HDR outline around my character sprite. The Sprite Glow package can be installed through Unity's Package Manager by pasting this link in the manager:
    https://github.com/Elringus/SpriteGlow.git#package

The Sprite Glow repo is:
    https://github.com/Elringus/SpriteGlow

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    Adam_Benko, zhuchun and roy432002 like this.
  2. Adam_Benko

Adam_Benko

Any news regarding this issue ?

3. guitarjorge24

guitarjorge24

Adam_Benko likes this.