Search Unity

[Bug] Assets not loading after cache was cleared.

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by MGGDev, Dec 8, 2018.

1. MGGDev

MGGDev

Hello,

I implemented a simple Addressables setup and all was working. Just three groups each with 12 pngs, no labels or custom settings. One time I was trying to add a new group, but the editor kept throwing Null Exception in BundleAssetGroupSchema.cs (line 36 I think).

I couldn't get it to work at first, then I realized the editor has been adding "empty" hidden groups. They didn't appear in the Addressables view and didn't appear in the folder where addressables are created. It appeared the addressables view was just adding empty lines with no group data. I clicked and deleted them, and now I could add groups again.

But in the middle of the frustration, I tried to Build->Clean->Addressable cache, and now all my assets are not loaded in the scene anymore. They are still in the project and assets view, but LoadAsset() always return a null IAsyncOperation.Result in the Completed() event. I rechecked the address given to LoadAsset() is correct.

I tried Analyse->Fix All, and that's the result:
    "Check Duplicate Bundle Dependencies - No issues found".

Thanks.

2. MGGDev

MGGDev

I got it to work again! I don't know what happened exactly, but it seems it has nothing to do with the location of the files.
    Not Working: Using files that are inside the Assets/Resources folder.
    Working: Using files that are inside the Assets/Images folder.