Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Bug] ArgumentException: Path is empty

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by optimise, Dec 5, 2018.

1. optimise

optimise

Not sure why I get this. Now real build does not work properly anymore.

ArgumentException: Path is empty
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean isAsync, System.Boolean anonymous) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
    (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream..ctor(string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess)
    UnityEditor.Build.Pipeline.Utilities.HashingMethods.CalculateFile (System.String filePath) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.scriptablebuildpipeline@1.1.1-preview/Editor/Utilities/HashingMethods.cs:294)
    UnityEditor.Build.Pipeline.Utilities.BuildCache.GetCacheEntry (UnityEditor.GUID asset) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.scriptablebuildpipeline@1.1.1-preview/Editor/Utilities/BuildCache.cs:68)
    UnityEditor.Build.Pipeline.Utilities.BuildCache.GetUpdatedCacheEntry (UnityEditor.Build.Pipeline.Utilities.CacheEntry entry) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.scriptablebuildpipeline@1.1.1-preview/Editor/Utilities/BuildCache.cs:104)
    UnityEditor.Build.Pipeline.Utilities.BuildCache.NeedsRebuild (UnityEditor.Build.Pipeline.Utilities.CachedInfo info) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.scriptablebuildpipeline@1.1.1-preview/Editor/Utilities/BuildCache.cs:116)
    UnityEditor.Build.Pipeline.Utilities.BuildCache.LoadCachedData (System.Collections.Generic.IList`1[T] entries, System.Collections.Generic.IList`1[UnityEditor.Build.Pipeline.Utilities.CachedInfo]& cachedInfos) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.scriptablebuildpipeline@1.1.1-preview/Editor/Utilities/BuildCache.cs:258)
    UnityEditor.Build.Pipeline.Tasks.CalculateAssetDependencyData.Run () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.scriptablebuildpipeline@1.1.1-preview/Editor/Tasks/CalculateAssetDependencyData.cs:63)
    UnityEditor.Build.Pipeline.BuildTasksRunner.Run (System.Collections.Generic.IList`1[T] pipeline, UnityEditor.Build.Pipeline.Interfaces.IBuildContext context) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.scriptablebuildpipeline@1.1.1-preview/Editor/Shared/BuildTasksRunner.cs:50)
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

2. unity_bill

unity_bill

I think I need a few more details. What are you doing when this is triggered? What version of Unity and Addressables are you on?

3. optimise

optimise

Nevermind. I fixed the errors by Clean All Cached Data. Maybe for some reasons the Build Pipeline Cache corrupted. I'm using latest 0.4.8-preview with Unity 2018.3 beta but I ady forget which beta version.

4. KB73

KB73

Still getting this, on 1.5.0

ArgumentException: Path is empty then the Processing Addressable Group progress dialog stays up

5. ProtoTerminator

ProtoTerminator

I got this error when I unchecked addressable on some assets, then I git reverted one of the asset groups, so it pointed to an m_Address without an assetPath. I had to find those assets in the Addressable Groups window and remove them as addressables.

6. oxysofts

oxysofts

Faced the same problem here. We have an address that was once in addressable but is no longer (I don't think anyone on the team removed it, the address checkbox seems to have unticked following a merge) and it is throwing this error right here

upload_2020-2-20_12-53-14.png

This breaks the rest of the function and breaks addressable loading for most of the game. This was very hard to find due to having Clear On Play enabled in the console.

At least one of two things should be done:
    1. Fix whichever functionality is allowing an entry to remain without an asset path.
    2. Gracefully handle these messed up entries either by asking the user what to do or by ignoring it.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    Vladnee likes this.