Search Unity

[BUG] Animation gets all messy when importing from Blender to Unity

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Mika_Do, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Mika_Do

Mika_Do

Hey guys!

I have a little issue when importing a model with animations from Blender to Unity. My running animation gets all weird when I run it in Unity, while it is looking perfect inside Blender.

Animation in Blender:
    https://i.gyazo.com/46c10cdeb186d17012f8878ccf567379.gif

Animation in Unity
    https://i.gyazo.com/c8065d7e7acea42bd3f84bc3830aaba0.gif
    (Note: I slowed down the play speed so we can see it clearly)

As you can see, the legs get a bit messy and there is a strange stretching happening on the hands...

Any help is welcome !

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  2. GilesDMiddleton

GilesDMiddleton

I think I saw this once, when I forgot to apply all scaling and transforms to objects in blender.. You never know, could be something completely different. (Ctrl+a, apply rotation and scale)

3. Mika_Do

Mika_Do

That's the first thing I thought I did wrong too, but no appearently my scales and rotations are good so the problem might be coming from my weights or keyframes... Guess I'll have to redo my whole running animation :(

4. GilesDMiddleton

GilesDMiddleton

You've not got any warnings in Unity's console about unassigned vertices have you? That can prevent animations working as desired too. You've probably already looked for that.

5. DavidGeoffroy

DavidGeoffroy

Unity Technologies

I'm taking guesses here, because I'm really not familiar with Blender, but...

There is no scale compensation in Unity, so if you use scaling on a parent of the hands, it will not automatically compensate on the children, which could be why your hands are stretching.

I'd also be curious to see your animation curves in Unity

alexmogavero likes this.
  6. alexmogavero

alexmogavero

I was having a similar problem, the hint of @DavidGeoffroy made me realize I had scaling on the root object. Applying those scaling in blender solved the issue.